Electronics desk

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
What do you think is missing ?
A project. Nothing should be that neat. Some say, a cluttered desk reflects a cluttered mind. I ask, what does an empty desk reflect?

Edit: I think you will find a breadboard attached to a vertical as shown very inconvenient. Get lots of small ones about half that size. 3M makes the best, according to some.

Last edited:

Yuseph

Joined Jun 8, 2020
A project. Nothing should be that neat. Some say, a cluttered desk reflects a cluttered mind. I ask, what does an empty desk reflect?

Edit: I think you will find a breadboard attached to a vertical as shown very inconvenient. Get lots of small ones about half that size. 3M makes the best, according to some.
Since ive read the book declutter your mind i keep everything neat. Thats my new mindset. It takes away some anxiety
Remember in the movie limitless the first thing the main character did when he took the pill for the first time. He tidied up the appartement first. Then he tackled the big projects.

And yeah arrange small breadboards side by side is in my plan. Thats why the plank is left half blank.

OBW0549

Joined Mar 2, 2015
What do you think is missing ?
An oscilloscope. Without one, you can't tell much about what's going on in a circuit or have much chance of figuring out why a circuit isn't working the way it's supposed to. A multimeter will only take you so far; and not very far at that.

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Since ive read the book declutter your mind i keep everything neat. Thats my new mindset. It takes away some anxiety
The guys who spend so much time keeping their bench clean are cutting in to the time they have to do real work:). I usually only need about a square foot of workspace.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
The guys who spend so much time keeping their bench clean are cutting in to the time they have to do real work:). I usually only need about a square foot of workspace.
One square foot ? ? ? I'd be lucky if I could push all the clutter to one side and have that much space.

I've heard it said that a clean workbench is the sign of a sick mind. Don't know if that's true. I haven't had a clean work surface in many years. In fact, some of those older projects are still sitting on my bench.

Yuseph

Joined Jun 8, 2020
An oscilloscope yeah. I
Is that naked choc block connector being used for a mains voltage connection? :eek:
Its the load side of the wattmeter. That wattmeter takes 150amp in DC. You ll find it easily on aliexpress. It doesnt work in AC