Electronics AC/DC + Logic Cheat Sheets (Final Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
Dave, what are the errors? I've protected the documents from alteration, leaving users to view or print. I might be able to adjust some of the parameters on Acrobat 8 so 7.0 users wont have as much problems.

TKS, but when I open these two files, the acobat tells me that when opening the document, some erros happen! and the document can't not be recoveried!

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
TKS, but when I open these two files, the acobat tells me that when opening the document, some erros happen! and the document can't not be recoveried!
Make sure you right click and select "Save Link As" and save it to your hard drive first, and make sure you have the most up-to-date version of Acrobat Reader.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
This is a typicl problem with downloading PDFs from the web using Acrobat Reader v6. As m4yh3m says, update to the latest version (v8) or version 7.0.9 at least.

Dave

not to be a pill but, so you know, i'm using Evince 0.8.1 as my native .pdf viewer in Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) and the .pdf documents require a password before they can be opened both downloaded to my HDD or opened from the site.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
not to be a pill but, so you know, i'm using Evince 0.8.1 as my native .pdf viewer in Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) and the .pdf documents require a password before they can be opened both downloaded to my HDD or opened from the site.
Sorry that you're having issues. Given that m4yh3m who created the PDFs stated that the latest version of Adobe Reader must be used, we can only recommend that. We don't know what software was used to create them, so cannot offer advice further than that.

I might be able to do a screen dump from my version of Adobe if you like. I can upload it as a JPG. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Dave

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
Sorry that you're having issues. Given that m4yh3m who created the PDFs stated that the latest version of Adobe Reader must be used, we can only recommend that. We don't know what software was used to create them, so cannot offer advice further than that.

I might be able to do a screen dump from my version of Adobe if you like. I can upload it as a JPG. Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Dave
Adobe Acrobat v8.0 was used to create the files. They are restricted to viewing and printing only, with a password put in place to keep people from modifying and redistributing the material. You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader for linux from Adobe's website.

Dave -- feel free to create and post the JPG of the file. You've got muh blessing :D

Which reminds me... I need to go watch the Cannonball Run.

"Pull over! We want to bless you!"
"Don't you think its strange to see two Priest in a Ferrari?"
"There doing the work of the Lord, in a Ferrari they are just doing it faster."

gotumal

Joined Mar 24, 2008
This docs really has got some problem. I have latest acrobat reader. "Bad encrypt dictionary " error is coming.

Please help us out

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
i will be converting the pdf over to an image. i... already did it a few days ago...but after learning vista doesn't like having its boot screen overwritten i've lost it and have to reload a few programs.

DSuliuno

Joined Jul 10, 2007
I may well be wrong, but I think there is an error in the Logic sheet - the three input XOR and XNOR gates. When A B C are all high on an XOR gate, Y should be low. Likewise on an XNOR gate, Y should be high.
This is reflected in the 'function' part- it should read

Y = /A./B.C + /A.B./C + A./B./C for an XOR gate

Y = /A.B.C + A./B.C + A.B./C for an XNOR gate.

Unless it is too late for me and my brain is getting fuzzy?? :)

And to echo the thoughts of many others, these are a great resource- thanks m4yh3m for putting this up.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I may well be wrong, but I think there is an error in the Logic sheet - the three input XOR and XNOR gates. When A B C are all high on an XOR gate, Y should be low. Likewise on an XNOR gate, Y should be high.

And to echo the thoughts of many others, these are a great resource- thanks m4yh3m for putting this up.
For a 3-input XOR or XNOR gate the outputs for A, B, and C being high is as shown in the the cheat sheet. See this thread from a while back which discusses it in detail and explains the "rules" behind the function of XOR (and consequently XNOR).

Dave

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003

In particular, see this reply: http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showpost.php?p=51043&postcount=12

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.