Electricity flows in an open circuit, too

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
More garbage from the 'New theories about electromagnetism' book spamming the internet.
https://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

A small slice:

Contemporary science, despite its allegedly great achievements, has failed to perceive any of the important principles in the nature; hence, its chaos, incoherence, untruthfulness. Regardless of the praise and glory assigned to it by certain mass media, if one honestly asks oneself, one can hardly deny the impression that science, instead of making nature closer and more understandable, makes it more distant and incomprehensible. This paper will begin with a presentation of a very important principle to immediately address what we have stated above.

That the positive electricity has the nature of expansion (blowing, pressure, explosion) and the negative electricity the nature of contraction (suction, depressure, implosion) can also be seen with naked eye.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
I don't see much changing.

A large slice of the antiscience I see today is associated with teachers and the battle for kids to get back in school. All of the science says the risks are minimal and most of the world has kids in classrooms of some sort but most of this county, because of battles with teacher unions, seem to not even want to try. The serious and long lasting effects from this are incalculable.
https://chicago.chalkbeat.org/2020/...unions-demands-no-to-simultaneous-instruction

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/educat...hildren-vaccine-won-t-fix-everything-n1251172
It has been almost 10 months since Covid-19 began battering families in the United States, putting parents out of work, shrouding their homes in grief and loss, and shutting children out of the schools that taught and cared for them.

It’s all taken an unthinkable toll on children — a social, emotional and academic ordeal so extreme that some advocates and experts warn its repercussions could rival those of a hurricane or other disaster.

“Recovery from Katrina wasn’t a one-year recovery. We didn’t just bring the kids back and everything fell into place. And this will be the same,” said Betheny Gross, the associate director at the Center on Reinventing Public Education at the University of Washington, who studied New Orleans schools after the 2005 hurricane and is now tracking Covid-19’s impact.

A nation of children coping with trauma, illness and disruption will need more than a vaccine to address the fallout, she said.

“I don’t think we can just start school next fall and say, ‘Everything’s going to be OK.’”
The next battle with the antiscience groups will likely be with the anti-vaxxers. A very divergent group that runs the political ring on both ends and back again.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...antivaxxers-hoax-misinformation-b1777406.html

Last edited:

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
He’s completing the circuit through ground of the washing machine and the cast iron bathtub which is grounded through the water pipes.:p

here the video link
Yes, Agreed. This is clearly a case of someone who has absolutely no understanding of electronics, and the world at large around them- how things work. Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, not a enough to understand what they don't understand.

Stephan1098

Joined Nov 22, 2016
Thank you Doros for showing interest in my article.
I would like to hear what YOU think about the article you have linked.
In the meantime I have posted another video where electricity flows again in an open circuit.
Here it is:

This experiment is very interesting because as the source of current serves the iron core of a DC to DC boost converter.
To those who attack me that the first video is a hoax, I can only tell: try it and you will see that it is not a trick.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Electricity does not need a good conductor to flow

One example, radio waves,
Another AC coupled amplifiers
Another , Lightening.

What's all the fuss about ?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Electricity does not need a good conductor to flow

One example, radio waves,
Another AC coupled amplifiers
Another , Lightening.

What's all the fuss about ?
Other than lightning (a direct static Electricity form) that's not 'Electricity' as defined in physics (radio waves in particular). It's important to separate the physical movement mechanism (current Electricity form) of charged particles with fields from the transmission of electrical energy using those fields.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/what-is-electricity/all
Electricity is a natural phenomenon that occurs throughout nature and takes many different forms. In this tutorial we'll focus on current electricity: the stuff that powers our electronic gadgets. Our goal is to understand how electricity flows from a power source through wires, lighting up LEDs, spinning motors, and powering our communication devices.

Electricity is briefly defined as the flow of electric charge, but there's so much behind that simple statement. Where do the charges come from? How do we move them? Where do they move to? How does an electric charge cause mechanical motion or make things light up? So many questions! To begin to explain what electricity is we need to zoom way in, beyond the matter and molecules, to the atoms that make up everything we interact with in life.

This tutorial builds on some basic understanding of physics, force, energy, atoms, and [fields](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Field_(physics)) in particular. We'll gloss over the basics of each of those physics concepts, but it may help to consult other sources as well.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Thank you Doros for showing interest in my article.
I would like to hear what YOU think about the article you have linked.
In the meantime I have posted another video where electricity flows again in an open circuit.
Here it is:

This experiment is very interesting because as the source of current serves the iron core of a DC to DC boost converter.
To those who attack me that the first video is a hoax, I can only tell: try it and you will see that it is not a trick.
Do you really think that we don't understand what's happening here using basic level A electrical principles?

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Other than lightning (a direct static Electricity form) that's not 'Electricity' as defined in physics (radio waves in particular). It's important to separate the physical movement mechanism (current Electricity form) of charged particles with fields from the transmission of electrical energy using those fields.

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/what-is-electricity/all
put the "receiver" inside a metal box, and see if it works ...

sparky 1

Joined Nov 3, 2018
After you get high voltage flying everywhere you might want an explanation of why the electrical path begins to stray from conventional electrical conductors into a non conventional circuit. The Tesla hairpin is classical experiment shows a novel transmission of electrical current spikes. It is odd and a simulation actually modeled to show those waveforms in the video below.

While it is possible to light a few bulbs both costly and extreme conditions can teach about what happens when HV goes wrong to help appreciate why the AC grid works better without such extremes and why Tesla pushed to extremes to study those limits and to see if there was any value outside an interesting show. Further testing has not had much practicle use. The Tesla documents are sufficient to understand however many other narratives go beyond tesla have become misleading in order to sell books and attract attendance for lectures and side shows which have tarnished the history of the original hairpin stout bar experiment.

This video is informative but does'nt get carried away with speculation, his approach uses acceptable methods. It is really how you go about it and when you reach an unknown to not get lost by a discipline of maintaining proven application of electrical principles.

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
put the "receiver" inside a metal box, and see if it works ...
What does that really mean in terms of Electricity and EM energy?

With the right EM frequencies the box becomes increasingly 'transparent'. The charged particles, moving as current, in response to localized electrical potentials act as a system to transport electrical energy with matter. The metal box system only acts as a shield when it redirects or converts energy by absorption the vast majority of energy directed at it. That system response changes when the current response to external EM energy is minimal.