Ebay Changes.

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Wait, aren't they owned by the same company? Either way it doesn't sound very good for business. If Paypal is asking too much in fees then perhaps it would have been better for Ebay to simply pass along the extra cost to the consumer with a note saying something to the effect that "Paypal has added additional fees to this transaction" or somesuch.

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Sounds like they are streamlining the process to pay into you bank instead of sitting in PayPal. I don't like giving my bank routing info out so use PP as the "middleman" as an extra layer of protection. Gotta watch them on international transactions as they add additional fees for currency exchange transactions.

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Oh, a complete shock! At least it was a complete shock when eBay announced it was ending its relationship with PayPal back in January 2018.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/31/16957212/ebay-adyen-paypal-payments-agreement

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech...lits-payment-provider-favor-adyen/1085940001/

And, update to @xox , eBay spun off PayPal in 2015. So, no, they are not the same company. Not since 2015.
And why do they even have to have one dedicated provider in the first place? They should provide their customers with more payment options, not less!

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I had one transaction that required a return, very small. After that paypal only wanted my back account # not my credit card, which I disputed my credit card company, returned the money because the seller didn’t want to refund the money. I ended my transactions with paypal back in 2015. If they can’t honor me which is what they are supposed to do, then F’m.

kv

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
I like the extra layer of protection that PayPal offers. However, recently had a failed transaction for a book being sold from UK that never arrived here in the US. So, PP took a foreign transaction fee for the original sale. Book never arrived and the bookseller refunded me. Guess they will be taking a 2nd foreign transaction fee. So, while protected, I still lost money in the foreign transaction fees...

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I will say one of the sellers did something weird recently, I ordered an HP Power Supply only $18 no shipping fee or taxes. It was the wrong pluggin, so I sent it back for the refund, as soon as it was declared I get an instant refund, printed the return label only to receive it back since the seller wasn’t at that location. Lol. When I get time I’ll try to contact them for another address and label. Keep Ya’ll posted.

kv

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
And why do they even have to have one dedicated provider in the first place? They should provide their customers with more payment options, not less!
Maybe you should investigate that question and you'll discover how ill-informed you are. It shouldn't take more than surfing over to eBay.com and reading the payment options page.

xox

Joined Sep 8, 2017
Maybe you should investigate that question and you'll discover how ill-informed you are. It shouldn't take more than surfing over to eBay.com and reading the payment options page.
I don't use it very often in fact it's been years since I've ordered anything through Ebay. I just thought that was why they couldn't accept the Paypal payments anymore. Apparently it's a little more complicated than that. Either way, it's a foolish business decision...

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
I don't use it very often in fact it's been years since I've ordered anything through Ebay. I just thought that was why they couldn't accept the Paypal payments anymore. Apparently it's a little more complicated than that. Either way, it's a foolish business decision...
Are you under the impression that Ebay will no longer accept PayPal for payment? I don't think that is what this is about, it is about requiring PayPal, and Ebay paying their sellers through it. As I understand it, buyers can still pay with PayPal, so the change for buyers is that they do not have to have a PayPal account and they can more easily use other payment methods.

Bob

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I was informed that Paypal was excluded and I had to place a method, credit card on file, and all my present post would be removed until I re-register.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
This on the heels of Adobe ending support for flash. Have you heard? That Adobe has ended support for Flash? Well, they have (ended support for Flash). In case you haven't heard. In case your computer hasn't popped up a notification 27 times in the past week informing you that Adobe has ended support for Flash. Because they have, in fact, ended support for flash. So you should uninstall it from your computer now. Because it (Flash) is no longer supported by Adobe. Because they've ended support for it. If you're still using it, you're wrong. Get rid of it, now. It is no longer supported.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
So, I informed them about the undeliverable return address, they responded to my email, seemed to be auto response, so now they want to refund me the money again! I’m stuck in a loop lol

kv

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Update On the Ebay Fiasco!
I have not sold on Ebay for some years now, just purchased the odd item. No problem.
I recently listed something that sold right away, the bidder paid, (it goes to Ebay, on hold) .
So they next inform me that I do not have a bank registered with them for me to receive the payment.
Both of my current Canadian banks comes back "Do not recognize this bank A/C) ?
One of these institutions I have had since 1970's. I regularly transfer funds from and to other sources with these accounts, both domestic and International.
Previous to this, I always used Paypal of course they severed their relationship with Paypal, unfortunately.
I have been fighting with this for over a week ! Their support is less than stellar !!
One of the support group I spoke to had the name Vishnu, I felt for sure it could be solved by a Hindu Deity ! :rolleyes:

One other thing, Ebay now collect Sales tax on all sales. ! :(

Last edited: