Easy easy question (Tesla coil)

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
good morning gentlemen, as the title suggests, I want to ask you an easy question. So I would like to have a unique instrument that could create, an electric field such as the electrophore, which is also pulsed, which can create a static magnetic field and a pulsed magnetic field, and an electromagnetic field. To have all this I had thought of a tesla coil that could be powered both in direct and alternating current and that had a dome at the end as in the electrophore? What do you think about it??

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Not sure what you mean by an “electrphore”.

from The Century Dictionary.
  • noun Same as electrode.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
  • noun obsolete, physics electrode
  • noun chemistry Any electrophilic compound, often used as a tracer, that can be detected in very small amounts by electron-capture mass spectrometer

A Tesla coil is a resonant device, hence it creates an alternating current only.

And a static magnetic field can be created by a magnet.

Bob

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Not sure what you mean by an “electrphore”.

from The Century Dictionary.
  • noun Same as electrode.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
  • noun obsolete, physics electrode
  • noun chemistry Any electrophilic compound, often used as a tracer, that can be detected in very small amounts by electron-capture mass spectrometer

A Tesla coil is a resonant device, hence it creates an alternating current only.

And a static magnetic field can be created by a magnet.

Bob
hi bob, by electrophore I meant the van der graaf generator, to produce electrostatic field. I know that with the Tesla coil I cannot have everything, however, since that connection I would like to have everything. So since the tesla coil is made up of coils, if I pass direct current I get a static magnetic field, then adding a dome on top as in the van der graaf generator I get an electrostatic generator. it is obvious that with only the tesla coil it is not possible to have everything also because it operates only at alternating current, so I would like, through various configurations, to obtain the list I would like

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
You will indeed get a magnetic field if you pass DC through a tesla coil. With a sensitive instrument you might even be able to measure it.

Putting a dome on top does not make it a static generator, unless you have a million volt DC power supply handy. Do you even know why the dome is there on an electrostatic generator?

Bob

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
You will indeed get a magnetic field if you pass DC through a tesla coil. With a sensitive instrument you might even be able to measure it.

Putting a dome on top does not make it a static generator, unless you have a million volt DC power supply handy. Do you even know why the dome is there on an electrostatic generator?

Bob
obviously putting the dome on an electrostatic generator accumulates electric charge. So obviously not being able to use the tesla coil in direct current, as regards the magnetic fields I will use a single coil. So we have solved the matter of the magnetic field, now we lack the electric field and here I have doubts since to produce it we need an electrostatic generator like the van der graaf machine, but in this case I could use the tesla coil as the toroid at the top it acts like a capacitor so it separates the charges?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I'm sorry but you've given no metrics concerning the power if the fields you require and no clue about an application for this device. Your "easy" question is only easy to ask, not to answer.

Could you explain what you expect it to *do*? As it stands, answering is mere guess work.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
I'm sorry but you've given no metrics concerning the power if the fields you require and no clue about an application for this device. Your "easy" question is only easy to ask, not to answer.

Could you explain what you expect it to *do*? As it stands, answering is mere guess work.
the purpose is recreational and educational and obviously the powers at stake are in respect of human health. We have solved the question of the magnetic field, now there is no electric field which obviously may require a separate instrument, such as the van der graaf generator, but in my opinion we can use the tesla coil to generate a field at the final toroid electric (static, pulsed), what do you think?

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
the purpose is recreational and educational and obviously the powers at stake are in respect of human health. We have solved the question of the magnetic field, now there is no electric field which obviously may require a separate instrument, such as the van der graaf generator, but in my opinion we can use the tesla coil to generate a field at the final toroid electric (static, pulsed), what do you think?
I don't think we've resolved anything. If you don't have a clearly stated design goal there is no way to design something. You are asking for help, you at least have the obligation to clearly set out the goals.

You need to provide at the very least a narrative about how you expect this be used, that is, what will it do? "Recreational" and "educational" don't explain anything. How would you get recreation from it, how would you learn something from it?

Do you have any idea what the magnitude of a practical electromagnet in this application would be? Do you know what a "magnetic field" is? Really, I am not trying to give you a hard time but no one can help you design something that has no clear description.

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
So we have solved the matter of the magnetic field,
Perhaps you missed the second sentence of my reply. The Tesla coil will only produce a very small magnetic field since it is an air-core coil. You need a magnetic core to get a useful magnetic field. And magnetic fields are not like electric fields, they are always dipole fields, which fall off at 1/r^3 instead of 1/r^2, which is why you only get a strong magnetic field between the two poles of a magnet. Ever wonder why they shaped magnets like a horseshoe? Well, now you know.

Bob

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
I don't think we've resolved anything. If you don't have a clearly stated design goal there is no way to design something. You are asking for help, you at least have the obligation to clearly set out the goals.

You need to provide at the very least a narrative about how you expect this be used, that is, what will it do? "Recreational" and "educational" don't explain anything. How would you get recreation from it, how would you learn something from it?

Do you have any idea what the magnitude of a practical electromagnet in this application would be? Do you know what a "magnetic field" is? Really, I am not trying to give you a hard time but no one can help you design something that has no clear description.
good morning yaakov I'm Italian so maybe I don't understand a few words well, and I help myself with the translator. I know that the magnetic and electric fields are two sides of the same coin but as long as they are static they can be distinguished, then if we make them vary over time they become a single field. And my purpose is educational I don't know what's strange about it

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
good morning yaakov I'm Italian so maybe I don't understand a few words well, and I help myself with the translator. I know that the magnetic and electric fields are two sides of the same coin but as long as they are static they can be distinguished, then if we make them vary over time they become a single field. And my purpose is educational I don't know what's strange about it
Good morning.

How do you expect to learn from the device? What will it do that will teach you something? Why does it have to have the attributes you are mentioning, how will that make it educational?

Your goals are far too vague.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Perhaps you missed the second sentence of my reply. The Tesla coil will only produce a very small magnetic field since it is an air-core coil. You need a magnetic core to get a useful magnetic field. And magnetic fields are not like electric fields, they are always dipole fields, which fall off at 1/r^3 instead of 1/r^2, which is why you only get a strong magnetic field between the two poles of a magnet. Ever wonder why they shaped magnets like a horseshoe? Well, now you know.

Bob
gentlemen I repeat, I am Italian and google translator plays bad jokes, I know that a tesla coil is not an electromagnet and therefore not suitable for producing a static magnetic field, only that I want some small explanations for the construction

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Good morning.

How do you expect to learn from the device? What will it do that will teach you something? Why does it have to have the attributes you are mentioning, how will that make it educational?

Your goals are far too vague.
the devices are not for me, but for the guys I follow, just don't build them with them but to do damage I asked you for advice

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
the devices are not for me, but for the guys I follow, just don't build them with them but to do damage I asked you for advice
The problem may be largely down to the language barrier. I wish I could help you but I honestly can't understand what you want to do. Maybe someone else can do better but my experience tells me your question lacks the content needed to help.

I do wish you luck, and I am sorry if I might have come off harsh, I didn't intend to. I may be a bit frustrated but that's not really your fault.

Be well.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
The problem may be largely down to the language barrier. I wish I could help you but I honestly can't understand what you want to do. Maybe someone else can do better but my experience tells me your question lacks the content needed to help.

I do wish you luck, and I am sorry if I might have come off harsh, I didn't intend to. I may be a bit frustrated but that's not really your fault.

Be well.
no yakoov don't worry about anything you haven't been but you just want to know the purpose. I help these kids who have psychological problems due to their family or their personal background. So what I am asking is by no means difficult, it is I who am a bit rusty on the subject. I just want ways I can have the one listed in my first message

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
no yakoov don't worry about anything you haven't been but you just want to know the purpose. I help these kids who have psychological problems due to their family or their personal background. So what I am asking is by no means difficult, it is I who am a bit rusty on the subject. I just want ways I can have the one listed in my first message
I still don't know what you want but I hope you figure it out.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021

Bob
can you continue to help me? We're almost done

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
I'll continue to answer questions if that is of help.

Bob
I'll continue to answer questions if that is of help.

Bob
ok thanks Bob, I was a little rusty in the matter but now I'm recovering. So if I wanted to have a pulsating direct current magnetic field and that is to have the same polarity but the voltage varies over time, what can I do? Using a coil to produce the magnetic field how can I do ??