Easy easy question (Tesla coil)

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Electro Magnetic Pulse as in one of the side effect of detonating a nuclear weapon. But who in this forum has one of those?
then I will try to answer in one answer. I am not trying to do a TMS also because it would be useless. I just want a pulsed magnetic field. Obviously speaking of duty cycle is useless because it must be adjustable that is why I spoke of PWM, that the field has a strength of at least 2000 gauss and in any case safe for humans. I didn't understand what Papabravo means by DC offset starting from a sine wave, but hearing the name offset I know it's a slip. However, if this solution is fine, tell me how to do it

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
then I will try to answer in one answer. I am not trying to do a TMS also because it would be useless. I just want a pulsed magnetic field. Obviously speaking of duty cycle is useless because it must be adjustable that is why I spoke of PWM, that the field has a strength of at least 2000 gauss and in any case safe for humans. I didn't understand what Papabravo means by DC offset starting from a sine wave, but hearing the name offset I know it's a slip. However, if this solution is fine, tell me how to do it
I'm sorry you don't understand a simple algebraic equation that adds a constant DC voltage of +10 Volts to a sine wave with an amplitude of 20 Volts Peak to Peak. What you end up with is a sinewave that swings between 0 Volts DC and 20 Volts DC. That is the same as saying that it never goes negative.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
How about a sinewave with a DC offset equal to the peak voltage of the AC waveform. Something like:

\( 10\;+\;10sin(2\pi ft) \)

for some frequency
\( f \)
the important thing is that alternating current is not used in the coil because as you know better than me, instead of getting a pulsed magnetic field, I get an electromagnetic induction

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
the important thing is that alternating current is not used in the coil because as you know better than me, instead of getting a pulsed magnetic field, I get an electromagnetic induction
It is true that I have no idea how to help you because you keep going in circles.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
How about a sinewave with a DC offset equal to the peak voltage of the AC waveform. Something like:

\( 10\;+\;10sin(2\pi ft) \)

for some frequency
\( f \)
So by mixing the two currents with an op amp, we can have a positive offset ??

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
Why do you keep using terms you do not understand?

Induction is caused by a changing magnetic field. A square wave will induce a very high voltage because the change is rapid.

And you still have not told us why you are doing this. I am beginning to think it is because you are embarrassed. Maybe it’s a sex toy?

Bob

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Why do you keep using terms you do not understand?

Induction is caused by a changing magnetic field. A square wave will induce a very high voltage because the change is rapid.

And you still have not told us why you are doing this. I am beginning to think it is because you are embarrassed. Maybe it’s a sex toy?

Bob
what I need is for some guys I am following, they are suffering from ailments or have family problems, as already mentioned some answers before. However, I can't use a square wave because as papabravo told me, this causes a break. So he advised me to use smoother pulses using DC offset alternating current. To do this so that I need an op amp to mix the currents, what can I do? PS: I wanted to use PWM first, but this one uses square waves

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
what I need is for some guys I am following, they are suffering from ailments or have family problems, as already mentioned some answers before. However, I can't use a square wave because as papabravo told me, this causes a break. So he advised me to use smoother pulses using DC offset alternating current. To do this so that I need an op amp to mix the currents, what can I do? PS: I wanted to use PWM first, but this one uses square waves

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
The TS answered my direct question about this not being a medical device. And skirted around references to TMS.

At this point, it certainly looks like he is not being honest with us. I for one will stop following this thread until he can be straightforward.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
The TS answered my direct question about this not being a medical device. And skirted around references to TMS.

At this point, it certainly looks like he is not being honest with us. I for one will stop following this thread until he can be straightforward.
no gentlemen I don't know why you keep talking about TMS, which I don't know what it is, but I read something on the internet after you mentioned it. How much can I understand a medical device costs several million euros and surely I cannot finally get technologically close to something that not even what a TMS is. However, sex toys here in Italy are taboo, I live in a small southern town and if you are from the USA, you know much better than me that certain tools don't even have to be mentioned, especially because I work in a public place in close contact. with more people. I have a degree in economics and therefore a stranger to this field, but I have learned for many years, as it is used here in Italy, to be next to a person to learn, so I know the topics. I'm sorry you have this bad opinion of me, in the end it was just a pulsed magnetic field, and not expensive medical devices. Anyway if you still want to help me, also because we are almost at the end. PS: if you have read the whole thread from the beginning I am also talking about static electric field etc., so not only magnetic field, then a set of small tools to educate my kids

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
I don’t know, now that we know it helps people with family problems, my joking conjecture in #48 is looking better.

Bb
no gentlemen I don't know why you keep talking about TMS, which I don't know what it is, but I read something on the internet after you mentioned it. How much can I understand a medical device costs several million euros and surely I cannot finally get technologically close to something that not even what a TMS is. However, sex toys here in Italy are taboo, I live in a small southern town and if you are from the USA, you know much better than me that certain tools don't even have to be mentioned, especially because I work in a public place in close contact. with more people. I have a degree in economics and therefore a stranger to this field, but I have learned for many years, as it is used here in Italy, to be next to a person to learn, so I know the topics. I'm sorry you have this bad opinion of me, in the end it was just a pulsed magnetic field, and not expensive medical devices. Anyway if you still want to help me, also because we are almost at the end. PS: if you have read the whole thread from the beginning I am also talking about static electric field etc., so not only magnetic field, then a set of small tools to educate my kids

BobTPH

Joined Jun 5, 2013
We keep speculating because you refuse to tell us what you expect to do with this device. At first, I thought that was a communication problem, but it has become clear that you are being evasive. We don’t like solving problems for secret projects, since we do not know if they are dangerous or even evil.

Bob

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
We keep speculating because you refuse to tell us what you expect to do with this device. At first, I thought that was a communication problem, but it has become clear that you are being evasive. We don’t like solving problems for secret projects, since we do not know if they are dangerous or even evil.

Bob
but I have already said several times, I am a volunteer, obviously together with other people, who help children with problems. Each of us gives his contribution, some help children to enter sports, others with music, for example with small physics projects, which serve to entice children to take healthier life paths and to remove bad goals. These are not my first small projects, others were based on small funny hydraulic principles, such as the hydraulic press to move small very rudimentary robot arms, or small circuits with LED lights, all these projects are made by them and not bought, we use products that are free or that they give us, we cannot buy anything because it would take too much money. Now to tackle the electromagnetism part I wanted to have them create these projects, but as a boy I only learned how to mount antennas or home lights, for example, but not electrical engineering. Unfortunately I don't know many physics topics as I deal with other things (accounting). That's all I had to say. If you want to continue to help me let me know, and then I read that there were other people who wanted to know about the TMS, but I am Italian, who has no good familiarity with English and as you understand, I help me with the translator, so how could I read the previous topics with fluency? There are no evil purposes because here and as you also the laws are stringent and if someone disturbs a television signal or burns a device, the police are equipped. I hope I have written everything, and I hope for your understanding soon

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
the purpose is recreational and educational and obviously the powers at stake are in respect of human health. We have solved the question of the magnetic field, now there is no electric field which obviously may require a separate instrument, such as the van der graaf generator, but in my opinion we can use the tesla coil to generate a field at the final toroid electric (static, pulsed), what do you think?
That answr in post#7 makes no sense at all! And the quest for both AC and DC "electrical fields" along with a magnetic field makes even less sense as stated. And intense fields do come with health hazards, including electrocution. So there may be a fair amount of danger involved.So my advice is to do a lot more reading of textbooks on the subjects prior to getting any hardware.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
the problem is that alternating current makes magnetic and electric fields "couple" and produces electromagnetic field that's why it insists on pulsed direct current, and I have found that it is used in welding machines and stepper motors. The operating principle is to couple a square wave to a direct current through a PWM modulation, and in detail they use a MOSFET transitor to switch on and off
Unfortunately this post shows a rather complete lack of actual understanding about both electrical fields and magnetic fields. To provide electrical shielding for an electromagnet is simple, but not trivial.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Unfortunately this post shows a rather complete lack of actual understanding about both electrical fields and magnetic fields. To provide electrical shielding for an electromagnet is simple, but not trivial.
the problems you have listed have already been risky and I told you that I do not have good skills in the field but I am not a rookie, and I repeat, those powers are very low and do not cause any problems to human health. I think after all these days of discussions, two reasons, either that you don't know how to solve any project without you, or that you don't want to help me for some absurd reason that you don't tell me. However, if I had advanced skills I wouldn't ask you questions, and if someone has had unhealthy plans in the past, don't generalize. However, it is useless to give you others available, and I still remain for your cooperation. But it is offensive to continue talking after more than 3 days of madness that I would have in mind, after having repeated to you in all possible ways, the ingenuity of the projects, even to buy them but they would not serve the rockets and would be too expensive

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
Tryui: There is ai serious communication problem here. What you are not understanding is that we do not know what you will do with this device if you mange to build it. It doesn’t matter if there are unfortunate boys involved, it doesn’t matter if they are the ones who will do the work, it doesn’t matter if you have no money to spend.

You have said it would be “educational”, but it is far from clear how it can be used to educate anyone about anything in particular. What would you (or they) do with the device to apply it as an educational tool? Can you give us a scenario that describes what an educational session using the tool would be like?

If it is the building that you expect to be educational, how? What would they do with the built device once it is built that will demonstrate something they “learned”? Why are the specifications of this device necessary to the educational function?

What do you expect it to do that will be educational?

The subject matter of your request is the kind of thing that pseudoscience enthusiasts ask about. It is the the stuff of oddball weird ”science” and conspiracy theories. Since you haven’t been able to describe an application for this thing, people are very concerned that you are obfuscating your real intent.

What you are asking for, in the opinion of the experts here (and you freely admit you are not one) is, on its face, useless. You need to explain how it could be used, practically, for any non-pseudoscientific purpose, because none is obvious.

I suspect we’ve reached the useful end of this thread because of your “you must not know the answer” comment which si part of the pattern we are all familiar with, and frankly, it’s pretty offensive. You say clearly you do not know, but you wave around random details and say “this is simple”. If that’s true, you do It. Otherwise really explain what you are trying to do without reference to your apparently admirable social work.