Easy easy question (Tesla coil)

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
Tryui: There is ai serious communication problem here. What you are not understanding is that we do not know what you will do with this device if you mange to build it. It doesn’t matter if there are unfortunate boys involved, it doesn’t matter if they are the ones who will do the work, it doesn’t matter if you have no money to spend.

You have said it would be “educational”, but it is far from clear how it can be used to educate anyone about anything in particular. What would you (or they) do with the device to apply it as an educational tool? Can you give us a scenario that describes what an educational session using the tool would be like?

If it is the building that you expect to be educational, how? What would they do with the built device once it is built that will demonstrate something they “learned”? Why are the specifications of this device necessary to the educational function?

What do you expect it to do that will be educational?

The subject matter of your request is the kind of thing that pseudoscience enthusiasts ask about. It is the the stuff of oddball weird ”science” and conspiracy theories. Since you haven’t been able to describe an application for this thing, people are very concerned that you are obfuscating your real intent.

What you are asking for, in the opinion of the experts here (and you freely admit you are not one) is, on its face, useless. You need to explain how it could be used, practically, for any non-pseudoscientific purpose, because none is obvious.

I suspect we’ve reached the useful end of this thread because of your “you must not know the answer” comment which si part of the pattern we are all familiar with, and frankly, it’s pretty offensive. You say clearly you do not know, but you wave around random details and say “this is simple”. If that’s true, you do It. Otherwise really explain what you are trying to do without reference to your apparently admirable social work.
yaakov, the powers involved are very low, each of them will build their coil and turn on the magnetic field if I had to buy 50 already working generators it would take hundreds of euros. I have never talked about details, except when you asked me for them precisely because the power at stake does not interest me, but I only care that it works, at most it will take a few dozen turns, and then if I had bad ideas in your opinion , I would like to ask in a forum the tutorials? Pulsed magnetic or electric fields are part of the high school physics program, in the US it is called "high school" and we call it "high school", but it is not the only project I do and do and then a field pulsed magnetic, with just a simple pulse like I would like to do, it will never be as good as a weapon with controllers and amplifiers. And if we have to say everything, even the chemistry projects we do produce small explosions like sodium in water, but no one has done anything because we do it safely. It is absurd that you are comparing me to crazy anarchists. However, at this point you decide what to do, but you have to think about one thing, it does not seem strange to you that I only asked you how to pulsate a magnetic and electric field, and I did not ask you for accumulator shields, if I really had I wanted to create a weapon, I would have asked for that too, but I don't do it because I don't care

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
yaakov, the powers involved are very low, each of them will build their coil and turn on the magnetic field if I had to buy 50 already working generators it would take hundreds of euros. I have never talked about details, except when you asked me for them precisely because the power at stake does not interest me, but I only care that it works, at most it will take a few dozen turns, and then if I had bad ideas in your opinion , I would like to ask in a forum the tutorials? Pulsed magnetic or electric fields are part of the high school physics program, in the US it is called "high school" and we call it "high school", but it is not the only project I do and do and then a field pulsed magnetic, with just a simple pulse like I would like to do, it will never be as good as a weapon with controllers and amplifiers. And if we have to say everything, even the chemistry projects we do produce small explosions like sodium in water, but no one has done anything because we do it safely. It is absurd that you are comparing me to crazy anarchists. However, at this point you decide what to do, but you have to think about one thing, it does not seem strange to you that I only asked you how to pulsate a magnetic and electric field, and I did not ask you for accumulator shields, if I really had I wanted to create a weapon, I would have asked for that too, but I don't do it because I don't care
I don't think it matters what we tell you because you seem to lack any grasp of basic principles. We have been going around in circles for 60 posts and it might be time for this thread to be put out of of its collective misery.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
My very last reply to you.

I fear this is not just a language barrier problem. I said nothing about the power involved. I was very specific and you didn't respond to anything I said. If this is an innocent misunderstanding, which I am willing to assume it is, I am very sorry you couldn't get help here.

Be well.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
I don't think it matters what we tell you because you seem to lack any grasp of basic principles. We have been going around in circles for 60 posts and it might be time for this thread to be put out of of its collective misery.
what you tell me I understand, and you have good reasons, but my goals are quite different. If you don't believe me then, let's end it here.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
My very last reply to you.

I fear this is not just a language barrier problem. I said nothing about the power involved. I was very specific and you didn't respond to anything I said. If this is an innocent misunderstanding, which I am willing to assume it is, I am very sorry you couldn't get help here.

Be well.
yaakov I too have been too specific in telling moments of my private sphere, just to bring a speech with initials, I am much more sorry for myself, believe me, that a completely alienating image of me has passed

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Danko does not open the file to me, however this little circuit produces what I want?
explain to me in detail what it does?
The circuit ( Thanks @Danko ) is a sinewave (Colpitts(?)) oscillator with a DC offset of approximately +8VDC and a frequency of approximately 700 kHz.
It is just a text file, and you can simulate the circuit if you download the LTspice simulator from Analog Devices Inc. It is free, as in free beer.

The magnetic field B can be computed as follows:

\( B =\mu_0\text {n}I \)

Where I is the current, n is the number of turns, and
\( \mu_0\;=\;4\pi\;\times\;10^{-7}\; \text {H/m} \)
is the absolute permeability of free space.

Last edited:

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
The circuit ( Thanks @Danko ) is a sinewave (Colpitts(?)) oscillator with a DC offset of approximately +8VDC and a frequency of approximately 700 kHz.
It is just a text file, and you can simulate the circuit if you download the LTspice simulator from Analog Devices Inc. It is free, as in free beer.

The magnetic field B can be computed as follows:

\( B =\mu_0\text {n}I \)

Where I is the current, n is the number of turns, and
\( \mu_0\;=\;4\pi\;\times\;10^{-7}\; \text {H/m} \)
is the absolute permeability of free space.
ok thanks danko and thanks papabravo, I know the formulas, and I have also seen the always positive voltages 8V are enough, ok thanks a lot guys, after so many days we managed to get to an end, greetings PS: L1 and L2 are two inductances, how much impedance should they have?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
ok thanks danko and thanks papabravo, I know the formulas, and I have also seen the always positive voltages 8V are enough, ok thanks a lot guys, after so many days we managed to get to an end, greetings PS: L1 and L2 are two inductances, how much impedance should they have?
@ 700 KHz, the impedance of L1 is:

\( Z_1\;=\;2\pi fL_1\;=\;2\pi(700\;\text {kHz})(60\;\mu \text {H})\approx\;264\;\Omega \)
\( Z_2\;\approx\;44\;k \Omega \)

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
@ 700 KHz, the impedance of L1 is:

\( Z_1\;=\;2\pi fL_1\;=\;2\pi(700\;\text {kHz})(60\;\mu \text {H})\approx\;264\;\Omega \)
\( Z_2\;\approx\;44\;k \Omega \)
if L1 is 44 kOhm, L2 instead? and then how should the coil be connected, that is, only one terminal to "OUT" and the other?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
if L1 is 44 kOhm, L2 instead? and then how should the coil be connected, that is, only one terminal to "OUT" and the other?
In that case it might not work. run the simulation and see what happens. You can't usually swap components in a design without major changes in behavior.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
In that case it might not work. run the simulation and see what happens. You can't usually swap components in a design without major changes in behavior.
and no obviously it does not work, I did the simulation of the wave but of the circuit no, so in the end tell me how to connect this coil? in direct current I connect the two poles to the two ends of the coil, but here I only see "OUT"

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
and no obviously it does not work, I did the simulation of the wave but of the circuit no, so in the end tell me how to connect this coil? in direct current I connect the two poles to the two ends of the coil, but here I only see "OUT"
There is no "this coil". The node labeled "OUT" is one end of the coil, L1, in which the magnetic field exists and the +8V power supply (effectively AC Ground) is the other end. Of course this presumes that your "this coil" and L1 have about the same inductance. If not you will have to adjust the circuit to work with "this coil". This might be beyond your measurement capabilities. An LCR meter would be most helpful to you in this enterprise.

Last edited:

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
There is no "this coil". The node labeled "OUT" is one end of the coil, L1, in which the magnetic field exists and the +8V power supply (effectively AC Ground) is the other end. Of course this presumes that your "this coil" and L1 have about the same inductance. If not you will have to adjust the circuit to work with "this coil". This might be beyond your measurement capabilities. An LCR meter would be most helpful to you in this enterprise.
no sorry but after these days I'm a little stressed. I'm not understanding where the coil that creates the pulsed magnetic field is. Did you tell me that one end is "OUT" and the other where is it? You told me at L1, but there is an inductor there

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
no sorry but after these days I'm a little stressed. I'm not understanding where the coil that creates the pulsed magnetic field is. Did you tell me that one end is "OUT" and the other where is it? You told me at L1, but there is an inductor there
L1 is where the magnetic field from the oscillator is located. One end is "OUT", the other end is the positive terminal of the +8V DC power supply, which is effectively at AC GROUND.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
The results from this thread should really help some children as intended. If the real reason for the question was to show kids that an electromagnet can be "pulsed", it would have been much easier with a push button switch and the electromagnet.

That said, I still think there is something hiding under the surface of this thread.

Tryui

Joined Sep 20, 2021
The results from this thread should really help some children as intended. If the real reason for the question was to show kids that an electromagnet can be "pulsed", it would have been much easier with a push button switch and the electromagnet.

That said, I still think there is something hiding under the surface of this thread.
but how can I tell you that there is nothing bad in my project, if some people in the past have been wrong this does not mean that everyone is like them