dual trigger, 1st trigger starts timer second trigger must be within timer to set output

philipbutler

Joined Mar 21, 2018
Oh my goodness @AnalogKid, I can't believe the amount of effort you've made to help me, not only with the design but with my learning. I'm speechless! Thanks you so much for spending the time to explain the ins and outs of the Schmitt trigger, I was aware of it's function by not familiar with the how. Also a great description of the different multivibrator circuits, again, I had a tertiary knowledge, but much the wiser now.
Thank you so much for the circuit design and moreover the explanation without which I'd have been scratching my head over how the heck D1,D2 & R3 worked. As soon as you mentioned OR gate, I stopped reading, took a look at the cct and it made sense.

I think I'll need to read the last two paragraphs a few more times for it to sink in but I get the gist of what you're talking about. The application that I'm designing this for is not critical, in fact I don't know why I've not shared what I'm doing it for.
I'm building a crazy golf course and want a way of ringing a bell if a player gets a hole-in-one. When the player hits the ball through a gate U1A&U1B 3-second timer starts. If the ball lands in the hole within the 3 seconds then it must be a hole in 1 so start the U1C&U1D timer to ring the bell for 5 seconds. If it takes longer than 3 seconds to pot the ball then it's not a hole in one so don't ring the bell.

Once again, many thanks, Philip

[EDIT] Just found this post that I wrote days ago still in my browser, realised I'd forgotten to hit 'post reply' [/EDIT]

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Glad you like it. If some things still are not clear, follow up with any questions. Once the system is built, please post a few photos we we can see how it turned out. Or start a thread in the "completed projects" forum.

ak

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
Just as a point of reference the PSOC has PWM on it as well,
so as you progress keep that in mind for possible future work.

Regards, Dana.

danadak

Joined Mar 10, 2018
If you need a PWM to control servo just drag that component as well onto
schematic and config it. You would then use the f() calls to send it postion
info, in the case of PWM servo application a change of its duty cycle.

Regarsa, Dana.