Driving Unknown 64x128 Monochrome LCD

AmirRashedi

Joined Nov 16, 2018
Hello Every One!

I have two unknown LCD witch I want to drive them with arduino or AVR. The only things I have are two part number "5539SYPYBWC" and "ES50681YLY". Googling them had No result. Do you Have any Idea for finding These LCDs Controller Chip?

Attachments

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hola Amir

Are you trying to identify the pins, right?

Regarding LCD1, I have no idea.

LCD2 is the most common with 18 pins to the connector, plus two more terminals K & A (on the right bottom corner of pictures 2 or 3). These two could be not even used in your LCD. They provide access to control intensity of backlight/contrast.

Long ago, I was given a brand new similar display, but no datasheet anywhere. By comparing the different layouts (from a huge amount of datasheets for other brands) I could finally guess mine. Not sure if I could retrieve the Excel file where I made the summary of all patterns. If lucky, I will post it here.

Meantime, just with a VOM, try to identify power and ground pins. Start with GND first.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
I succeed. Excel file is attached.

Please notice, as I told you, that the very first two pins you should identify are 5V and GND. That way you could discard from the beginning a group at the right or the left of pin numbers altogether. It worked for me in the first try.

After that, I programmed one PIC micro from the 18F family to implement the John Conway's "Life" game. Thrilling and funny. But that is a different story.

Attachments

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Sometimes, insomnia allows you to get inspired and review things. Last night, while giving just a casual look to the Excel in the previous post, I realized that on the left and on the right there are columns exhibiting same values. :( Not as in the original thing.

I simply obliterated valid ones by repeating a column, when tidying up the whole thing. And all these years thinking this Excel was the valid version of what I did with pencil and paper...! :(

Anyway, the info there is valid, albeit not complete, and could be even enough for you to identify the pins.

Just please let me know you have read it. Buena suerte.