Drinking (tap) water at the place you live

Thread Starter

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
5,934
Hey, the bottle is worth something, right?
Yes then I go hiking. Those new recycle able bottles that is made to not crush. Make an superb light weight fuel bottle for my stove. Then I do not need it any more burn it on the camp fire. And the best thing I can pick them up free from the street.
 

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
33,202
Hey, the bottle is worth something, right?
Any more, the bottles are cheaper than soda pop bottles. They are thinner, rupture more easily, and have these thin, tiny caps that split when you open them so that you can't put them back on. On the label they tell you about how you should be so proud of them for reducing the carbon footprint.
 

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
703
I'm repeating myself, but my family has a farm in Kentucky and the spring dried up, so they drilled a well. One of the neighbors liked to dump dead cows in any sinkhole available and the bacteria got in our well. I had to take antibiotics to stop the disease!

The moral of the story is, the local time constant can be very short for pollutants getting into the aquifer. Monitor your well. The world is not as safe as it used to be.

I spent several years in Eastern Kentucky, growing up in the Appalachian hills, and there were 3 natural springs within walking distance of my house.
The coldest, best tasting, water on the planet.
After a hard day of working in the tobacco fields and gardens, that water was to die for.:cool:
We used water from a hand dug well, created by my Uncle for home use.

Moss grew all over the hand placed rocks lining the well.
We would swim, boat, and goof off in the river all the time.
Years ago, I heard that the area is so polluted now, from the mountaintop coal removal processes; that the water is no good any more.:rolleyes:

Humans, and their greed, are such filthy animals.
 

tracecom

Joined Apr 16, 2010
3,944
Well if nothing else it is a darn good business concept. Take all the expensive ingredients out of soda pop until you only have water. Then sell it for the same price or higher as soda pop. The only extra expense they have is that they probably have run the water through an extra charcoal filter before filling the bottle.
It certainly has turned out to be a money maker. I remember the first time I heard of bottling plain water and selling it; it seemed like a pretty stupid idea. After all, who would pay hundreds of times as much for bottled water that they could get from their own tap? The answer turned out to be "almost everybody."

Turns out the idea wasn't stupid at all; it was me...or maybe it's the people who do buy it.
 
It certainly has turned out to be a money maker. I remember the first time I heard of bottling plain water and selling it; it seemed like a pretty stupid idea. After all, who would pay hundreds of times as much for bottled water that they could get from their own tap? The answer turned out to be "almost everybody."

Turns out the idea wasn't stupid at all; it was me...or maybe it's the people who do buy it.
So.. stupid ideas tend to make money?
Cause I have quite a lot of them!

Anyone interested in buying carbonated air? Your plants will love it!
 
Top