Drinking custom

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
In our country ,most of place,people like to make friendship deeper by drinking wine.If you drink more wine,it show you are ture-hearted,you'd better get drunk.
In company or government,if you are good at drinking,then you will get promoted more easily.

I just want to know if this is a world phenomenon,or just our feature.

PS,I come from " company get together" just now;)

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
Wow they drink wine on Mars. Assuming its red wine, considering the color of the martian soil. ;)

Wine is great, I want to try some fancy wine and act all pretentious and snobby. Now I just cant wait to have some German beer with Georgian lamb shish-kabobs. Mmmmm.

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
... you'd better get drunk.
In company or government,if you are good at drinking,then you will get promoted more easily.

I just want to know if this is a world phenomenon,or just our feature.

PS,I come from " company get together" just now

I don't know about the "getting promoted more easily" thing. My boss is not very happy when I come into work drunk. :D

More seriously, in the USA, drinking and company functions are not a good mix for liability reasons. Still, some after work fun is not a bad idea and can lead to advancement in the business world if done carefullly. However, for science and engineering focus, a sober mind can also be useful.

Last edited:

happyganl

Joined Dec 17, 2009
I mean many people,he dont like wine really,but to show he is belong to the team,he drive themself to drink,i think its not comfortable...

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
It is true here as well, we call it kissing up. One way to get raises and promotions is to take the boss out and show him/her a good time. Happens more in office settings than in industrial ones.

I tried it once, didn't like the enviroment. I prefer to get promoted based on ability rather than social connections.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I've always found wine to have an amorous effect on women, so yes, I enjoy sharing wine with a female counterpart. In our neck of the woods, business is commensurated over a shot of hard liquor, while blue collar relationships are enjoyed with beer on tap.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Drinking buddies (male and female) and golf partners tend to get promotions. That's not unusual. Friends get promoted, not enemies. However, for those who over indulge and try to impress the boss, it may work as a disadvantage.

John

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I can see you making a bottle of look very good.
I don't see wine In your picture,maybe a glass.
I see you at an outdoor cafe.
I don't see you needing to much wine.
I see that you would be good company for dinner.
I see you at the best resturant at a good seat.
I don't see a lot of wine In your past.
Maybe I should poll your boss.
Is mom looking over your shoulder.

bribri

Joined Feb 20, 2011
i've been enlightened in the past to a few notions... namely to do with the idea that, with a bit of liquor, the truth comes out.
the logic follows, that if you can actually tolerate someone when they are s*#|faced, you might be able to handle getting closer to them as a person on a sober basis.
that said, i've known enough people to be civil-when-sober <-> the-devil-when-drunk. sometimes it's just plain better not to know what some people really think.
in don't know. i'm all for the ceremonial toast. but if you're signing anything, watch your intake!

golly, i've watched at least one woman friend proceed to drink every man under the table... beat the rest at arm wrestling, and then proceed to drink them under the table too.

but culture is culture, trust is trust. don't mess with it!

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
We need L. Chungs opinion on wine and food,electronics.
This is a test to see if you are drunk or not.

@Loosewire,

If you are not drunk, you will see same color for the square "A" and "B" on the checker board.

If you are drunk, you would not even find where A & B is located in the image.

So, Loosewire, what is it that you see?

Attachments

steveb

Joined Jul 3, 2008
This is a test to see if you are drunk or not.

This is also useful to test if your chess opponent is drunk. At the start of the game take out your large cylinder and make your first move while announcing "large cylinder takes 2 pawns, knight and rook". Then, see if he complains.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Retched,VooDoo,will understand that when you see the full Moon.
Moonshine is the drink of choice,you want to see more moons enjoy
Moonshine. Mountian Men's drink of choice ,for many Moons.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
This test reflects how the brain utilizes contextual information to retrieve information about the environment.

Because of the fact that tile B is surrounded by darker tiles, the brain "sees" it as white, whereas the opposite happens with tile A.

Take the time to copy this image in Paint. Sample the colour of both tiles and create two rectangles of that colour next to each other. You will clearly see that they have the exact same shade of gray!

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
This test reflects how the brain utilizes contextual information to retrieve information about the environment.

Because of the fact that tile B is surrounded by darker tiles, the brain "sees" it as white, whereas the opposite happens with tile A.

Take the time to copy this image in Paint. Sample the colour of both tiles and create two rectangles of that colour next to each other. You will clearly see that they have the exact same shade of gray!

no kiddin...
L chung is playing with us.