Anyone Else Drinking Tonight?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
On account of @Brownout and his insane rants, I am drinking a bottle of Whitehall Lane 2012 Merlot out of the Napa Valley.

Just kidding...

...I'd be drinking regardless of @Brownout's insane rants.

I've also got a Rocky Patel '60' Vintage 1990 cigar, which I shall begin enjoying shortly. Gorgeous maduro wrapper, smooth taste and finish. Lots of smoke. My absolute favorite.

Please forgive any typos for the next few hours. While these will be (currently) unavoidable, I will attempt to make corrections tomorrow, depending upon how the wine treats me.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Translation: Brownout refuses to kiss my arse, and that's such a bummer.
Dude. I'd no sooner have you kiss my 'arse' that I'd want want to kiss yours. And since when is ass a bad word? It's a freakin' burro, for Pete's sake!

And who'd want to kiss a burro anyway? Damn, you are weird.

Have you tried medication for that?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
"Quarrel" follows "alcohol" in the dictionary and in life too...but not necessarily always.

Margaux here, after an incredible salad.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
I have an ice cold Bud lite in my hand, just finished some wings that were delightfully blistering hot, and now I can sit back and watch the Saturday night fights on AAC. It's a good night to stay in. :)

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I'm thinking of abiding with a white Russian, dude. I made my own decaf Kahlua so the caffeine won't interfere! But there's also cold IPA in the fridge, so I'm facing a delicate decision.

Lestraveled

Joined May 19, 2014
Neither, chicken wings with dry paprika, chili hot rub. My lips are still burning.

Fairy wings, that's interesting. Do you fry or bake them?

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
With Argentina being such a significant producer of wine, why French?
We inherited varieties, names and so on. Our emblematic one is Malbec plus the very less known Bonarda.

But Banchi (editted as BIANCHI, the right name!) was already producing their Margaux when I started to ascertain my preferences. It goes well along with cheese. Light and, I would say, friendly.

Irony has a place in all this; one of our best wines I tasted was offered by a friend, some 53 weeks ago.

She lives in Liverpool.

Last edited: