Downloaded Spice Models

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
Here is what I did. In my Library folder I added two folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib
I named one folder 74HC and another CD4000

When doing a schematic, per Alec's post you need to include a spice directive which looks like this.

.INCLUDE 74HC.lib

Exactly as you see it above. Starting with .INCLUDE then the folder the part is located in.

Here is an example. You choose Spice Directive from your toolbar. On my LtSpice 4 it's right beside add text. Matters not where you place it. Again, don't know about the new version but this is LtSpice 4.

Ron

LtSpice Directive.png

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
If you downloaded my library and you don't like typing the name of the library in the diagram, I took care of that. All of my symbols have the file address of the library in them. In order for everything to work by default you must put the contents of my SUB folder in your SUB folder. Also put the ZZZ folder in your SYM folder. You might have difficulties if you do not have administrator rights. Then I suggest to install LTspice not in the system folder. For example on the D: drive .

radioshack5209

Joined Nov 25, 2020
If you downloaded my library and you don't like typing the name of the library in the diagram, I took care of that. All of my symbols have the file address of the library in them. In order for everything to work by default you must put the contents of my SUB folder in your SUB folder. Also put the ZZZ folder in your SYM folder. You might have difficulties if you do not have administrator rights. Then I suggest to install LTspice not in the system folder. For example on the D: drive .
Thanks Bordodynov!

radioshack5209

Joined Nov 25, 2020
Here is what I did. In my Library folder I added two folders:
C:\Program Files (x86)\LTC\LTspiceIV\lib
I named one folder 74HC and another CD4000

When doing a schematic, per Alec's post you need to include a spice directive which looks like this.

.INCLUDE 74HC.lib

Exactly as you see it above. Starting with .INCLUDE then the folder the part is located in.

Here is an example. You choose Spice Directive from your toolbar. On my LtSpice 4 it's right beside add text. Matters not where you place it. Again, don't know about the new version but this is LtSpice 4.

Ron

View attachment 224673
Thanks Ron!