Does a devise like this exist

Bobert1850

Joined Apr 29, 2018
Can you also please stop creating so many threads for the same topic? It can be confusing and is borderline spam. Thanks.
I have 2 threads and this one was not about this topic, it was asking if a devise existed that was powered by 12v that had an output of 0 to 120v and was controllable. The questions lead me back to the other thread topics.

-live wire-

Joined Dec 22, 2017
He wants to make an electric bike and wants to use a 90V 1-2KW treadmill motor. He needs to step up the voltage to 90VDC from a battery pack. He does not want to go DC-AC-DC and use an inverter and the DC adapter for the treadmill.

And rob, please be very careful around such high voltage circuits. You do not want to make a mistake that will be your last.

Bobert1850

Joined Apr 29, 2018
It's not that I don't want to go dc-a.c.-dc, I just feel it's a waste of a step. Thanks for the concern for my safety. I take extra precautions and move slowly around it.

Bobert1850

Joined Apr 29, 2018
If seen those kits. It's exactly what I'm trying to avoid. The mark up on those parts is insane. I want this to be from mostly salvaged parts. As it sits, I have it something I can ride as long as the cord is for $50 and that was what I paid for the bike.

Bobert1850

Joined Apr 29, 2018
Im limited to around 15mph by law. I still have to do the calclations to figure out the gearing. And I know ride time will depend on battry cap. I believe with li ion I will be able to get a fair amount of time.