Do I have to limit the current out of a charge controller or will my devices draw what they need?

lnieuwen

Joined Jun 8, 2017
I am an electrical engineering student doing a work term for a university doing magnetic field research and building a remote monitoring station to be put in the field. Despite my couple years in school, I have very little practical knowledge of power systems and the way they work so I would appreciate any guidance you could give me.

I have a solar panel and turbine leading to a charge controller (Phocus CIS-N). This powers the two 12V batteries in parallel and the load output leads to my main breaker. With this system I have to power:
Power Supply Unit ( 12V 1.25A )
BulletPlus Modem ( 12V 2A )
BeagleBoneBlack ( 5V 2A)
I have a CUI Inc 12V to 5V converter that outputs 5VDC 3A to power the BeagleBone. I have attached a rough drawing of the circuit if it is easier to visualize.
Station Power.jpg

I am very new to power calculations and have never set up a circuit on my own so I am wondering if there is someway that I have to limit the input current into my devices or if they will only draw what they need. I realize that this might be a really simple question but I have almost no experience with power circuits.

Thank you in advance