Diode Identifier's

GM1RetroTrend

Joined Aug 20, 2018
Hi.
I'm currently at the beginning of my electronics study and need to know if the ID of these diodes matter. According to looking through past forum threads, ( which are awesome by the way) what I'm about to ask is that it may not matter, but I could find no direct answer. My question is I have 2 diodes, one reads 1 N4001 and below it MIC. The other reads 1 N4001 and below it DC. Are these the same? All I kept coming up with is that even though there are variations in part numbers they are all 50 volt 1 amp rectifiers but I could find no direct answer. Reading the forums though a lot of guys come across crazy parts. Well thanks in advance for reading and maybe answering.
Regards,
George

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I would use them interchangeably. Perhaps they vary in some parameter such as thermal range but unless you’re really pushing a part in your application, these sorts of things won’t matter.

The codes might indicate something as trivial as which packaging they were supplied in. You really need the manufacture’s datasheet to decipher them.

GM1RetroTrend

Joined Aug 20, 2018
I would use them interchangeably. Perhaps they vary in some parameter such as thermal range but unless you’re really pushing a part in your application, these sorts of things won’t matter.

The codes might indicate something as trivial as which packaging they were supplied in. You really need the manufacture’s datasheet to decipher them.
Thanks