Digitizing And Saving Video.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
NTSC to USB converters are fairly inexpensive. I would like to be able to save this data on a thumb drive in a playable format, probably MP3. How would I go about doing that?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

MP3 is an audio format.
MP4 ia a video format.
It seems to be able to produce mpeg files, from the give page:
Wendy video format.jpg

Bertus

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi W,
I have the twin to that model, it works well.
I transfer DVD PAL into MP4 Video > into the PC via the USB port, OK.
The Video editor on the disk is OK.
E

BTW: also works with a VCR output Tape to MP4
WIN_20210904_19_05_36_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I bought this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJKSJZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
it worked great the first time I tried it, but now the digitizer stopped working and nothing I try seems to work. I created a 2.3 GB MPG file. It ( the included software) also stubbornly refuses to edit that file. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software several times (along w/ restarting the computer several times. I'll call tech support tomorrow bright and early. The file I made looks very good.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The core problem is the software that came with it. I suspect Amazon knows the software is flawed, because they do not offer any tech support on it. I need some video digitizing and editing software that will work with this device. I am willing to spend some money to get it. It needs to work with Windows 10 I suspect this was written for Windows 98SE. Given the ginormous file ( 23 GB ) size it is no wonder that it doesn't work. Any recommendations for software?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Windows supports this type of file. I did not lose the file, the digitising software just flat died. And cannot be started up again. I think it was the size of the file that killed it. 22 gigs is a large file. Win 10 can handle that though. I have started a return on this device but I'm willing to look for new editing/digitizing software.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If there were a way of on installing this software in such a way that it left no trace I think I might be able to use it. But that does not seem to be the case. I tried deleting the directory it was put in. But it still did not need the product key which says that it was still there. Is there any way of doing a truly fresh install every time?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So after I got the money for returning the first two that didn't work. I wound up buying this. Installation was a little rocky but it works. Pricey but it was worth it.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
The core problem is the software that came with it. I suspect Amazon knows the software is flawed, because they do not offer any tech support on it. I need some video digitizing and editing software that will work with this device. I am willing to spend some money to get it. It needs to work with Windows 10 I suspect this was written for Windows 98SE. Given the ginormous file ( 23 GB ) size it is no wonder that it doesn't work. Any recommendations for software?
I am not aware of Amazon providing ANY tech support beyond shipping weight and package dimensions.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If you ever get an Alexa you will find that you are mistaken. Their tech support for products they make is excellent. I wound up getting this, and it has filled my needs nicely. i would not mind finding an affordable DVR.

temp.jpg

bassbindevil

Joined Jan 23, 2014
If you have an old digital camcorder that records on Digital 8 or MiniDV, some models have analog inputs for recording. You can record to tape then play that back to capture on the computer, or use the camcorder to stream the video to the computer. This may require a Firewire port on your computer.