Digitizing And Saving Video.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
NTSC to USB converters are fairly inexpensive. I would like to be able to save this data on a thumb drive in a playable format, probably MP3. How would I go about doing that?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

MP3 is an audio format.
MP4 ia a video format.
It seems to be able to produce mpeg files, from the give page:
Wendy video format.jpg

Bertus

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi W,
I have the twin to that model, it works well.
I transfer DVD PAL into MP4 Video > into the PC via the USB port, OK.
The Video editor on the disk is OK.
E

BTW: also works with a VCR output Tape to MP4
WIN_20210904_19_05_36_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I bought this:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XJKSJZ8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
it worked great the first time I tried it, but now the digitizer stopped working and nothing I try seems to work. I created a 2.3 GB MPG file. It ( the included software) also stubbornly refuses to edit that file. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software several times (along w/ restarting the computer several times. I'll call tech support tomorrow bright and early. The file I made looks very good.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The core problem is the software that came with it. I suspect Amazon knows the software is flawed, because they do not offer any tech support on it. I need some video digitizing and editing software that will work with this device. I am willing to spend some money to get it. It needs to work with Windows 10 I suspect this was written for Windows 98SE. Given the ginormous file ( 23 GB ) size it is no wonder that it doesn't work. Any recommendations for software?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Windows supports this type of file. I did not lose the file, the digitising software just flat died. And cannot be started up again. I think it was the size of the file that killed it. 22 gigs is a large file. Win 10 can handle that though. I have started a return on this device but I'm willing to look for new editing/digitizing software.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
If there were a way of on installing this software in such a way that it left no trace I think I might be able to use it. But that does not seem to be the case. I tried deleting the directory it was put in. But it still did not need the product key which says that it was still there. Is there any way of doing a truly fresh install every time?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So after I got the money for returning the first two that didn't work. I wound up buying this. Installation was a little rocky but it works. Pricey but it was worth it.