design with an op amp

Kin Moon Kong

Joined Jun 21, 2015
I had a school assignment to submit i understand the two rule of an ideal and practical use of op-am. The properties of non-inverting, inverting and summing amplifier. but i am struggling with my assignment, which require your help. I was given ten option to choose i pick option 6. the question is: Given that the pressure sensor produces an output voltage (Vs :sensor output voltage) according to the equation Vs = (Px0.131)+1.683. This equation can be expressed in terms of pressure (P) versus sensor voltage (vs)i.e P=(vs – 1.683)/0.131 You are to design the amplifier circuit for this sensor using any combination of inverting amplifier, non inverting amplifier, summing amplifier together with a 1V reference voltage source. The two input signals of this circuit are sensor voltage (Vs) and an 1V reference source (Vref) and the circuit should produce an output voltage (Vo) indicating the pressure (PSI) according to the equation Vo = P(PSI) i.e When P=0PSI, Vo=OV When P=10PSI, Vo=10V When P= -10PSI, Vo= -1OV

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Okay. So what is your question?

You say you picked option 6. Are we supposed to be mind readers and simply know what option 6 is?

Here's a concept: YOU need to show YOUR best attempt to answer YOUR homework.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
Do you mean you had to choose a question from a list of 10 questions and you chose question 6 from the list.?

Can we see your attempt at the answer?

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Hint: there are two things you need your opamp(s) to do:
1) scale a value,
2) sum two values.
Consider how you will configure the opamp(s) to achieve those functions.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
most basic opamp circuits are just inverting and non-inverting amplifier (the only simpler one is voltage follower).
circuits are simple and once the gain is derived, it is easy to see which one is to be used.

Ricky Sum

Joined May 6, 2016
I had a school assignment to submit i understand the two rule of an ideal and practical use of op-am. The properties of non-inverting, inverting and summing amplifier. but i am struggling with my assignment, which require your help. I was given ten option to choose i pick option 6. the question is: Given that the pressure sensor produces an output voltage (Vs :sensor output voltage) according to the equation Vs = (Px0.131)+1.683. This equation can be expressed in terms of pressure (P) versus sensor voltage (vs)i.e P=(vs – 1.683)/0.131 You are to design the amplifier circuit for this sensor using any combination of inverting amplifier, non inverting amplifier, summing amplifier together with a 1V reference voltage source. The two input signals of this circuit are sensor voltage (Vs) and an 1V reference source (Vref) and the circuit should produce an output voltage (Vo) indicating the pressure (PSI) according to the equation Vo = P(PSI) i.e When P=0PSI, Vo=OV When P=10PSI, Vo=10V When P= -10PSI, Vo= -1OV
Hi, do you have any reference for your this project.

dannyf

Joined Sep 13, 2015
Because I same one assignment quick similar to this. S
Just decompose your equation into templates for opamp modules.

Here, it is

Vout = k x (Vin - V0).

So it is a non inverting amplifier for k > 1 (solutions exist if k is less than 1).

You just need to rewrite it to match the templates.