Design of iot Electric Meter.

Microtech 007

Joined Feb 16, 2018
I want to design an electric meter used in homes.So where do i start or are there any designs to start with.I want to read the energy values using a microcontroller and upload the units to the internet using nodemcu(esp8266).

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
RE:""electric meter used in homes""
What means these words? The measurer for monitoring the mains voltage? The meter for monitoring the battery discharge level? The masurer to monitor the atmosphere ions concentration by electric field assessing (electrometer)? etc etc. Please be exact when telling the aim.

If the last one - there the only indeed well working method is `electrostatic mills`. Yet there exists a number of constructions in the markets, I have tested them all, mostly capacitor cell of open type, those are garbage. And if You may read the book of those three Physical Energetic Institute researchers - physicists book of eighties about water dowsing, there is said that geopathogenic places are always (they double-blind way mapped over 100 such places) bound by enormously small electrostatic geofield values. If normal atmosphere has between -100 V/m to +600 V/m depending on place and time (and clouds/storms/thunder) then in geopathogen places they was measured a so small as 0...1...5 V/m.

Thus I tried to walk around with non-mill measurer, but if to contrast to them, I cannot feel a dowsing effect (and even don`t want to learn it), I cannot to find the place which is `sure dowsingy`. They hadn`t this problem, as all three authors of research was as physicists as dowsing-sensitive persons. Other difference that they used a rotary mills, whilst I used the capacitive sensor with ultra-sensitive opamp designed for ion content monitoring in the cleanrooms. Just what I found, that most of many different building walls (even wood or pure brick) are diminishing E from 70-300 V/m down to 5...10...20, but that is sure not a dowsing effect.
So, clarify please Your interest, and if that was atmosphere electric field, I have interest to conversate. If first two apparatusses of prost use, then no.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I want to design an electric meter used in homes.So where do i start or are there any designs to start with.I want to read the energy values using a microcontroller and upload the units to the internet using nodemcu(esp8266).
You might start by looking at the products on the market. The better smart outlets (switched outlets) you find in the market have energy usage monitoring built in.