Creative Inspire Sound system T3030

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
when led is on, check the voltage on stand by pin of amp IC.
If voltage is there, then this area of the circuit is OK.
But if mute voltage does not rise then there could be a fault at the amp chip.

Further more volume should not get warm as heavy current won't be flowing thru them but It might still work if it just stays warm and does not feel too hot.

Check other chips for warm up when led is on.

As for led turning on, there could be a solder jumpers or loose due to handling.

gopalyajur

Joined Jan 3, 2010
I could not find out the problem with remote control. The LED is still not ON.

Also, I checked the data sheet of the volume control chip M51132L. The supply voltage range is 8 - 15V and the recommended is 12 V. But, I measure 17.5 V across the Vcc of the chip. Is this the reason why the chip gets warmer?

gopalyajur

Joined Jan 3, 2010
Sorry, Rifa for my late response. My macbook crashed!!!

In the mean time I found out that the zener diode at the input also failed.

I will try to check the circuit once again and post the results. If its really the chip (volume control) then its not worth buying it. The chip is pretty expensive.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards

Gopal.

@ sergeybu

What do you really mean by pin out. Please check the initial pictures I uploaded. I have some close up pictures, hope it helps. If you need more info please do let me know.

gopalyajur

Joined Jan 3, 2010
@ sergeybu

Pin layouts are as follows

1. red (head phones jack)
2. black, red (LED)
3. blue (volume switch)
4. yellow (head phones jack)
5. white (volume switch)
6. black, red
7. white (volume)
8. green (bass volume control)
9. Violet (audio jack)

Hope it helps

gopalyajur

Joined Jan 3, 2010
Hello everyone,

I finally decided to replace the creative board with a similar circuit or kit. I would still use the same speakers and the power supply. Can someone suggest me a suitable kit or circuit?

Thanks for the help.

Gopal.

gopalyajur

Joined Jan 3, 2010
Thanks Riffa again.

I think both the chips in the creative circuit board are burned.
So, I would like to add a circuit board that would work with the speakers and power supply I have. I would like to build a suitable circuit/kit or use a ready made circuit board which I can enclose in the original speaker box.

Something like this one http://xtronic.org/circuit/amplifier/circuit-power-audio-amplifier-with-tda2030-2-1/

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Try find any of these numbers

STK4121 II, STK4122 II, STK4181 II. STK4132...so on
Basically get ur hands on a good stereo STK amp Chip with descent power.
and the rest is child's play....

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
It never occurred to me to look into the package but u did sent me bunch of IC's, right?
Which by the way I have no clue about, but no worries, me gonna find 'em datasheets and see what I could cook with them :D. But tht's later.

I will be leaving to North again soon since everything has stabilized and I thought before going I should finish my good friend Gopal's sound system.

I must say Gopal, U have been up to ur sleeves with this one Eh!.

Managed to destroy a couple of areas in the process too. But no worries, now that it is in good hands, it will live again.

Too many twisting and turning and scratching ur head tends to do these kinda things. :).

Like I said it's all good when u are learning.

Since I have started this like to know some things.
I see tht one chip is missing

Is it the same as the one above ?

And what would u like me to do with this.

The on/off seems to be caput. Wanna me to replace it or bypass it. ?

Did some cleaning up and removed the power amp for trouble shooting

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Creative is a Chinese company. Their products look nice on the outside but fail soon.
Their price is too high for the poor quality.

I recently bought a name-brand (Sylvania) 2.1 sound system that sounds great and cost half as much as the Creative one.
Sylvania was an American consumer products company that was bought by Osram in Europe so they could sell their light bulbs and LEDs to Americans.
Of course their sound system I bought was made in China like everything else but its quality is very high.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Why Guru, do you have something against Creative ?
I always buy creative products when it comes to PC sound cards.

Even now I have a Xfi Fatality Card. and like u said it did have a fault when I got it ( Capacitors) but now it's totally Awesome. :D

@Gopal.

See the picture

This wire will be soldered, I like to know how long I should keep the wire since I had to cut it to make it work.
Cutting made it a bit short. Since this is the remote I believe U might have a problem getting the wire jacket properly into the housing.

Lemme know how long the wire should be. I can remove the jacket and put it back almost like new u know. ;)

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
Why Guru, do you have something against Creative?
Yes.
Many people say their Creative sound system has failed when it is still new.
Look at the very cheap volume controls. The same controls are used in the garbage $1.00 scanning FM "radios" at The Dollar Store.
Also look at the very cheap phenolic-paper pcb (it warps and the printed copper comes off) that is not good quality fiber-glass.