Coronavirus?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
You keep saying that or a version of it. When is it going to sink in the vaccine isn't an "experiment"? The use of mRNA to make vaccine is no longer "experimental" it's been a proven, working thing for many years now, just not politicized like those are doing now.

And sorry, but you seem to be one of those leading the politicization charge, at least on this forum.
sorry for my ignorance, i may be mistaken...
but what vaccine using mRNA was used for many years?
technology has been known for some time but i see research papers only
https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/52424.html
if there are product in use with long term studies, please point them out

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/coronavirus.166679/post-1472273

Today if you don't have a shot to reduce the effects of infection.
EVERYONE at some point, is going to catch and experience Covid.

https://www.reuters.com/article/global-markets-idCNL1N2SL2JX
“There is no world, I think, where (the effectiveness) is the same level,” Moderna’s chief executive, Stephane Bancel, told the Financial Times in an interview.

“I think it’s going to be a material drop. I just don’t know how much because we need to wait for the data. But all the scientists I’ve talked to ... are like ‘this is not going to be good,’” Bancel said.

Bancel had earlier said on CNBC that there should be more clarity on the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines against the Omicron variant in about two weeks, but that it could take months to begin shipping a reworked vaccine designed for it.

“It’s not good news, and it’s coming from someone who should know,” said Commonwealth Bank of Australia currency strategist Joe Capurso. “Markets have reacted in exactly the way you’d expect them to.”

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
sorry for my ignorance, i may be mistaken...
but what vaccine using mRNA was used for many years?
technology has been known for some time but i see research papers only
https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/52424.html
if there are product in use with long term studies, please point them out
Did you read your own link? Quote, "The science behind the new COVID-19 vaccines has not been rushed. In fact, these vaccines are building on decades of scientific research.

The story involves hundreds of people all over the world and highlights the importance of fundamental and applied research. Advancements in our understanding of messenger RNA (mRNA) and its potential for use in medicines, along with the creation of new technologies over the last 30 years, made these vaccines possible. Recent research on coronaviruses, in particular, made these vaccines effective."

Again I'll ask you how long does it have to be before it's no longer an experiment?

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Remember, we are all in this together!
You say that and yet your another pushing for the vaccine NOT to be used!!

What would you suggest be done? Don't say things like Ivemectin, chloroquine, or Vitamin D. You talk about the pharma companies trying to profit but then you tout things like this that have not been proven what so ever to work! At least vaccines do work and reduce the covid. Even if it's not perfect.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
My Cousin just died yesterday, defenitly COVID wasn’t hit by a truck or heart attack or other, COVID another non believer, healthy as a horse older yes, but really strong individual. We looked up to him, yet one of those to paranoid to face the truth, stubborn listening to all the nay sayers.

You know what you all really yank my chain, can’t lead a horse to water and make them drink put their head in and kick them in the A…………..is what I say.

The blind leading the blind, just really really pathetic.

kv

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
My Cousin just died yesterday, defenitly COVID wasn’t hit by a truck or heart attack or other, COVID another non believer, healthy as a horse older yes, but really strong individual. We looked up to him, yet one of those to paranoid to face the truth, stubborn listening to all the nay sayers.

You know what you all really yank my chain, can’t lead a horse to water and make them drink put their head in and kick them in the A…………..is what I say.

The blind leading the blind, just really really pathetic.

kv
Dang it, man... that is sad news. I'm real sorry for your loss... it must be maddening seeing someone you love walk straight to a cliff and then jumping off it out of plain stubbornness... I hope that people that knew him and that are still on the fence come around and change their minds after learning of his case.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
You say that and yet your another pushing for the vaccine NOT to be used!!

What would you suggest be done? Don't say things like Ivemectin, chloroquine, or Vitamin D. You talk about the pharma companies trying to profit but then you tout things like this that have not been proven what so ever to work! At least vaccines do work and reduce the covid. Even if it's not perfect.
Where, in terms of access to vaccines do you think Africa and North America are "in this together"?

I am in the middle of a medical system collapse and it is NOT collapsing because of unvaccinated. It is collapsing for entirely different reasons.

I am pushing nothing. I want others to stop pushing as well. "Pushing" does not make for a constructive dialogue

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
Did you read your own link? Quote, "The science behind the new COVID-19 vaccines has not been rushed. In fact, these vaccines are building on decades of scientific research.
yes i did... did you? maybe we are not reading the same thing.

it sure it mentioned huge number of tiny steps, surprises, mistakes etc that all together created massive step forward and enabled new technology. bravo and congrats on epic effort and many milestones.
the link i shared shows timeline on collection of studies on stems cells, in a petri dish etc.
i see no mention of a single vaccine that was rolled out before covid using this technology.
but color it any way you like, i don't see covid vaccine being nearly as effective as advertised and i have concerns with false advertisement.

not much different than many years of solid research to create fusion... yes research is solid, tons of money is spent on it and results are practically on a horizon and yet here we are still waiting for it. i still cannot run my laptop or even nightlight with the power output from something that has decades of research.

you want to get the jab and tell others to do so? go ahead say and do as you want. i do not mind. convince me with facts and i will change my mind. but please stop telling me what I should do, think or say.

Last edited:

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Dang it, man... that is sad news. I'm real sorry for your loss... it must be maddening seeing someone you love walk straight to a cliff and then jumping off it out of plain stubbornness... I hope that people that knew him and that are still on the fence come around and change their minds after learning of his case.
I could only wish, my Brother is just as stubborn but twice as Stupid, Steve was smart intellegent while my Brother is just plain idiotic at times. Love them but man this really really hurts.

kv

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
Sorry to hear KV. Sort facing the same problem with my 40 y.o. daughter. Our son in law is vaccinated but she just won't do it and we're not sure she will let our grandkids get it when it's their time to. Sad, but some people just won't listen to reason.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Sad, but some people just won't listen to reason.
It's part of the human condition, I guess. When an idea becomes locked in someone's head, there's no amount of logic that can turn it around. And if you present them with facts, they'll argue their "alternative facts" till kingdom come... Objective truth simply does not apply to them. Just ask the flat-earthers...

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Sorry to hear KV. Sort facing the same problem with my 40 y.o. daughter. Our son in law is vaccinated but she just won't do it and we're not sure she will let our grandkids get it when it's their time to. Sad, but some people just won't listen to reason.
On the heals of his Death, my youngest Daughter faced another stubborn one, her husband Strong gifted, good fighter(Octagon ring fighter), Mexican through and through love‘em. But somehow I thought he got his shots while battling my feelings about, my cousin. This one I learned tonight her husband Jose has it now, not willing to get it done was on the fence (My daughter is a COVID Nurse). He already had 3 people at his work get it, now he’s given it to his own family unknowingnly while spending time at Thanksgiving. She’s begining to wonder if she brought it home somehow, but I mean he knew better he really should have known right?

I can’t handle this Sh…….. G……..D…… it people. Get a freaking grip and just realize this is the 21’s centrury, trust me there is so many other things out their that will kill you in a red hot minute. I have and don’t know about others but I have had more freaking injections for all kinds of crap, my brother included was in the military for G….. Sake please your killing me here, I mean really killing me.

I guess no matter how much news I stop watching it’s still going to add up more and more if people don’t get it. Just stop thinking and get‘er done stop finding reasons not to, if anyone was going to feel the effects of the shot it would be me, I’m the Canary COPD, Auto Immune Deases since I was a child, I should have been dead 10 times over. I never even felt bad afterward arm a little sore for 2 days thats it.

Get a freaking grip people your over thinking it.

kv

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
There is another side of the coin. My daughter's father-in-law was vaccinated but because of it considered himself immune to covid. So, he did whatever he wanted to and went wherever completely ignoring any safety measures. And he caught covid. Ended up in the hospital from extreme coughing and low blood oxygen. Was treated, improved, and was released. His wife was out of town visiting relatives and after he left the hospital and went home he stopped answering the phone. So, after a couple of days of no contact she became worried and went home and found him dead. I mentioned it to my GP and she immediately said, "blood clot". Extreme coughing can cause blood clots in the damaged lung tissue to break free and if they lodge in the heart (heart attack) or brain (stroke) you can die from it. Point being that even being vaccinated is not enough to really be safe.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
There is another side of the coin. My daughter's father-in-law was vaccinated but because of it considered himself immune to covid. So, he did whatever he wanted to and went wherever completely ignoring any safety measures. And he caught covid. Ended up in the hospital from extreme coughing and low blood oxygen. Was treated, improved, and was released. His wife was out of town visiting relatives and after he left the hospital and went home he stopped answering the phone. So, after a couple of days of no contact she became worried and went home and found him dead. I mentioned it to my GP and she immediately said, "blood clot". Extreme coughing can cause blood clots in the damaged lung tissue to break free and if they lodge in the heart (heart attack) or brain (stroke) you can die from it. Point being that even being vaccinated is not enough to really be safe.
If I get COVID I’m in the same catagory, will most likely end up in the hospital, blood clots are always an issue with the lungs, it’s what the Virsus does, thats it’s job. But at least I tried, for good measure I didn’t go out often, keep my distance and don’t just live as if but will come into contact, I have no choice, my wife works with children at a school and my daughter covid nurse, my chances increase greatly, so get the shot is to me just a no brainer.

If I die it’s because I’m in a catagory, 65 male, previous conditions, etc. Younger people have a better chance theirs will increase, the metric is so varible no one can sit down and say this or that about it. Most of us have already been stabbed, jabbed and stuck with stuff already, whats the difference. The deases are getting much stronger, they were back then and will be in the future, science will only get better count me in as the rat I already am. Since I have been my entire life, they learned then and will learn now.

kv

Edit: My wife is also, been a part of a study for the last 30 years since her diagnoses with MS, she’s been on injections for it since that time, they monitor her blood and tally all events if any so far so good. They are learning about her she is a data point in an algorithm and so are all who received the Vax, it will be studied in the future, knowledge is power and ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
When does this stop being experimental? Does anyone know? Does anyone know when the state of emergency ends and citizens get their rights back?

Something is wrong when hospitals are closing ERs and reducing hours to their diagnostic services due to staffing issues.

You better not have a stroke after hours, no CT tech to scan you. Thanks to vaccination mandate.

From Moderna:

This Phase 1 interim analysis showed that an mRNA vaccine against COVID-19 induced rapid and strong immune responses against SARS-CoV-2, supporting further clinical development and the potential of mRNA as a vaccine platform
This is from july 2020. So in 6 months it went from "potential platform" to safe, effective with no risk for anyone including children and pregnant women.

https://www.modernatx.com/newsroom/publications

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
From Moderna:

This is from july 2020. So in 6 months it went from "potential platform" to safe, effective with no risk for anyone including children and pregnant women.

https://www.modernatx.com/newsroom/publications
Most people don't care about this being a possible long term risk because it's not what people fear at this stage. The vaccines worked and worked well until until the latest version of the virus made the current vaccine a broken heart love story. People are a hell of lot more worried about the immediate risk of immune protection breakdowns. If a EUA is release in 30 to 60 days for new versions of vaccines that offer broad spectrum immunity from all past and future variants there will be a massive rush for the shots.

justtrying

Joined Mar 9, 2011
Most people don't care about this being a possible long term risk because it's not what people fear at this stage. The vaccines worked and worked well until until the latest version of the virus made the current vaccine a broken heart love story. People are a hell of lot more worried about the immediate risk of immune protection breakdowns. If a EUA is release in 30 to 60 days for new versions of vaccines that offer broad spectrum immunity from all past and future variants there will be a massive rush for the shots.
It is unclear if there will be a vaccine that offers broad immunity any time soon. There is some evidence that actual infection with "omicron" does result in a much broader immunity than from other variants but they do not know why.

If you search back to 2018/2019, it was known that mRNA induced vaccine response starts to decline fairly rapidly and yearly vaccination will be required. It actually has nothing to do with mutations. And once again they do not know why that is the immune response.

I was mainly responding to the fact that this is not well established technology at all and little is known about it or even how it works in vivo. Longest studies have been done for cancer treatment and that is comparing apples to oranges.

The issue with vaccines (but more specifically mandates) is that OTHER people gave them a shot (forgive the bad pun) and want to stop with the 2 that they got. As I already mentioned, most of the mandates (at least here) are done in the name of saving our healthcare system. But the problem of WHY it is overwhelmed is not even talked about - understaffed for years, bloated beaurocracy etc.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
It's part of the human condition, I guess. When an idea becomes locked in someone's head, there's no amount of logic that can turn it around. And if you present them with facts, they'll argue their "alternative facts" till kingdom come... Objective truth simply does not apply to them. Just ask the flat-earthers...
This will probably get me banned. But think back a while ago. When another person was president and he was pushing to get the vaccine done in record time and his supporters couldn't wait for it to be finished. Then an election happened , happened right around the time the vaccines came online. then look where we're at now. The supporters that couldn't wait for the vaccine are now the same ones that for the most part won't take it. Even though he and all of them around him got the vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.