Control Stepper Motor with TD-2M33 Driver

Sp@ceR

Joined Mar 11, 2018
Hi guys, I'm trying to control a stepper motor with arduino and joystick. The materials I'm using are:
- Arduino Mega 2560
- Tohan TD-2M33
- Sanyo 103H7823-0715 (3A/phase)

Before moving forward, I have some doubts regarding the stepper driver. Some pics here:
stepper.jpg
stepper 2.jpg
stepper1.jpg
and stepper motor...
motor.jpg
Does anyone have the user manual for Tohan TD-2M33? I
My questions are:
1. What is the maximum driving current per phase and how can I adjust it?
2. What are the terminals meant by O.H., CRT M.F., and F.S?
3. Anyone knows the DIP switch table?
4. The 6th DIP switch for number of pulse input(1 or 2). If it is switched OFF, does it mean The motor is controlled using either CW or CCW signal only?

Any help is appreciated :)

Sp@ceR

Joined Mar 11, 2018
Update:

I emailed Tohan Denshi Japan for the manual and they sent me a Japanese version (attached below).

Some important information I can extract are:
Operating voltage: 12 - 36V, 3.6A max. (I have 24V, 20A supply)
Output current: 3A max
CW, CCW signal
input resistance:220 Ohm
L= 0 - 0.5V H= 4 - 5V
Pulse width 1us or more
Current 10mA and below

Some designations for other pins:
O.H= Overheat
CRT- Current per phase adjustment
M.F.= Motor Excitation
F.S.= Full Step (I think this one kills DIP switch D1 - D5 when 5V signal is applied, therefore will operate at 1.8 deg per step)

Because I uploaded the file to Google Translate, there are still some information I cannot understand, for example:
1. How does 1-Pulse input differ from 2-Pulse input? (I believe this is stated in pg 2 cat 1, pg 3 cat 2 and 7)

I plan to utilize only CW and CCW signal to make the motor rotate. Last time when I used Arduino Mega, I was able to generate 5V HIGH and 0V LOW pulses using PWM output
DS0002.jpg
CN 1 is the 5V pulse. CN 2 is a 5V HIGH signal (CCW rotation). This was when I used with VEXTA SD5128 driver which will take pul and dir signals to rotate stepper.

By the way, I am concerned that if both phases are energized at the same time, the current draw of the motor will exceed driver's current output. How should I go about that?

Any input is appreciated.

Attachments