Constant voltage from battery

zoom

Joined Jul 11, 2014
As far as I know neither li-po batteries nor AA size 1.5 volts batteries supply constant voltage (Even not sure if there is any battery type that supply constant voltage).

So, I am working on a project which will be powered by one of those options, either one cell 3.7 volts Li-po battery or 3-4 AA size batteries connected in series.

I need to power an AVR (atmega328p) and a bluetooth module, which require constant voltage.

What is the best option to sustain the same amount of voltage for those ICs ?

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Okay. Now I have to call BS on the constant voltage requirement being the specs sheets for the atmega32 series devices are all listed to have a 1.8 - 5.5 working voltage range making them universally compatible with most any common 2 - 3 cell battery systems or single lithium cell and similar with the bluetooth modules of generic searches that all appear to also be designed to work with a ~1.8 - 3.8 volt power making them compatible with most any common 2 cell battery setup or single cell lithium cell systems. :rolleyes:

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Okay. Now I have to call BS on the constant voltage requirement being the specs sheets for the atmega32 series devices are all listed to have a 1.8 - 5.5 working voltage range making them universally compatible with most any common 2 - 3 cell battery systems or single lithium cell and similar with the bluetooth modules of generic searches that all appear to also be designed to work with a ~1.8 - 3.8 volt power making them compatible with most any common 2 cell battery setup or single cell lithium cell systems. :rolleyes:
Unless, as I said earlier, the TS is using the ADC in the mode where the ADC Reference voltage is derived from Vdd.

Bordodynov

Joined May 20, 2015
I use a good chip boost converter L6920D.
0.6 TO 5.5V OPERATING INPUT VOLTAGE
1V START UP INPUT VOLTAGE
3.3V AND 5V FIXED OR ADJUSTABLE
OUTPUT VOLTAGE (2V UP TO 5.2V)
REVERSE BATTERY PROTECTION

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Possible but a precision voltage reference IC would be a far easier and more efficient method to get a stable voltage source point for such functions.

Given the info supplied I am still not buying it for that reason.