Connecting Toy Soundchip

Dumdan

Joined Dec 29, 2023
Hi
I'm a newby at repairing electronics, but I've nothing to loose and a lot to learn.
But Im trying to repair this christmas toy, 5-7 years old. The wires soldered to the cound chip have all become detached.
Theres no traceable identifier on the sound chip and I can't find anything on the internet that looks like it.
I know I've got to solder the 2 speaker wires, the switch and ground wire to it but no idea which wire goes where or where to start.

The switch and battery pack works. The moving parts of the toy move. The LED light that flashed doesn't but I can replace that. Can anyone help/tell me what to solder where on the sound chip board.IMG_2772.jpgIMG_2774.jpg

Many thanks to all for any help you might be able to offer.

D

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

We'd be glad to help if we can.
Firstly, let us see a photograph of the toy, showing brand and any other markings.
Next, there must be some wires that were connected to the module. Show us a photograph of the wires and location.

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
There are only 4 wires to re-connect so it should be easy. The power wires must be connected across the 100uF 16V electrolytic capacitor so the speaker must connect to the other two pads that had wires soldered to them:
SndChp.jpg

Dumdan

Joined Dec 29, 2023
Welcome to AAC!

We'd be glad to help if we can.
Firstly, let us see a photograph of the toy, showing brand and any other markings.
Next, there must be some wires that were connected to the module. Show us a photograph of the wires and location.
Thank you so much for your reply and support. The toy was from a Christmas market and other than standard Made in China, there’s no markings. Attached are a couple of pictures of the toy and wiring. Some wires have been replaced as the original ones were so thin and the cause or repeated failed joints. So illogically ,wires may change colour or colour duplicated.

Attachments

Dumdan

Joined Dec 29, 2023
There are only 4 wires to re-connect so it should be easy. The power wires must be connected across the 100uF 16V electrolytic capacitor so the speaker must connect to the other two pads that had wires soldered to them:
View attachment 311218
Thanks so much Keith. I really appreciate your advice. I’ll try soldering that combination this morning and will post any results good or bad

Dumdan

Joined Dec 29, 2023
Thanks so much Keith. I really appreciate your advice. I’ll try soldering that combination this morning and will post any results good or bad
Tried the set up but still no sound. Have posted pics of what I soldered in case of stupid error I can’t see. Can the sound chip just be fried and will never work?

Attachments