Connecting Coin acceptor to delay relay to DC motor

circuitpachi

Joined Feb 8, 2024
Can someone help me with the wiring diagram for a 12 volt coin acceptor to a 12V relay module to a DC motor? I want the coin acceptor to trigger the relay module to send power to a 12V DC motor for "X" amount of time. I've figured out the programming of the relay and can manually trigger the relay but cannot figure out the wiring of the coin acceptor to the relay. I have the image of the relay attached. Any help is much appreciated. If you have any questions for me I can do my best to answer them.

Attachments

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
What powers the coin acceptor? And the relay? A better picture would help. Take it as close as possible that remains sharp and clear. We should be able to read all the writing. PLUS, supply links to YOUR coin acceptor and Relay module.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That photo file is huge and most of it is the pattern that the tiny circuit board is sitting on. For the next photo please use a plain background.

Unfortunately we can not even see the notations for all of the terminals on that little module. I would not call it "a relay" at all. It probably contains a relay, but also much more. Was there any information that came with it? Or is it an amazon orphan with no information provided?

What are the connections to the coin acceptor ? are the connections even identified? Those are the things that are needed for any useful suggestions to be made.

Last edited:

circuitpachi

Joined Feb 8, 2024
1714166393321.png
There are four wires from the coin acceptor. 3 of them which I intend to use which are the Red (+DC) white (coin) and black (GRND). when the coin is inserted into the acceptor, the acceptor signals via the white (coin) wire (as many times as programmed. for example, I want a quarter to signal the coin acceptor to signal the relay one time to start the timer on the relay which should power the DC motor for 5 seconds or so). I have the coin acceptor set to normally open so when the coin triggers the acceptor it will send a signal through the white wire.

1714166724527.png

This is the relay. I dont remember exactly how I had it set up because I tried so various online guides. But however I had it set up, I could not get the white coin acceptor wire to trigger the relay. When i would touch the DC+ power terminal to the N+ trigger + signal it would set off the relay and run the DC motor for the selected period of time.

I think this was my wiring: DC positive to the DC power +. I had DC- to DC power negative. I bridged DC power + to the public on the relay. DC+ from the "always start" to the motor. DC negative from the motor back to grnd. Im pretty sure I tried putting the white wire to the trigger signal + but that did not work.

I appreciate all of your feedback and patience. You people are the best. I can set it back up in a couple of hours and start messing with it again to see what results we can get.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
What is the signal on the white wire from the coin sensor?? Is it a positive voltage or is it just a contact closure to common?? Or is it a connection to the Positive source voltage??
The nature of the output maters a whole lot.

sghioto

Joined Dec 31, 2017
I tried this wiring and could not get the delayed relay to trigger. I ran a negative wire from the DC power - to the N- trigger signal and tapped the DCpower+ to the N+ trigger signal and this connection triggered the relay. What am I missing?
Can you verify there is a positive pulse coming from the COIN output?