component out of stock. Altenative

Toebs

Joined Oct 9, 2014
Looks like they do not carry Seiko any longer "Mouser does not presently sell this product" on all the battery management circuits from Seiko :/

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I guess requiring you to use Mouser is a losing proposition. I wonder if the powers that be intended for this to happen as test of your flexibility and resourcefulness. There's no whining in engineering.

Toebs

Joined Oct 9, 2014
Well it's just that it will cost me alot more from digikey due to my location and the legislation here, and that it will take alot longer for it to arrive, so it isnt impossible. However, if there was an obvious alternative available at mouser, that would be a lot more convenient, so to me it would seem foolish of me not to investigate this possibility first :)

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
Hi, this is out of stock at mouser (i have to use mouser :/)
Seiko S-8241 Over/Under Voltage Protection IC.

I am new to battery charging, so i do not feel confident in selecting an alternative.

I am building the circuit in this link:
http://www.electricimp.com/docs/attachments/hardware/reference/lithium_ion/solution_C.PDF

Any recommendations? :)
TI and Maxim (that I can think of offhand) do voltage window detectors, I think the TI part is something like; TL7705.

Alternatively, there's various tutorials online how to hook up a couple of comparators into a window comparator.