Clock 24 design Help

ThiagoBlys

Joined May 24, 2022
Well... I'm new here and it's the first time I've been posting things on forums or something like that (I don't even know if I have the morals for it); But anyway, I would like to show, here, a small project that I did in an Integrated Circuit simulator... A Clock... Well I'm not a professional in CI(IC), but I started a few months ago (less than 5 months).

Attachments

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Welcome to AAC!

Your schematic is unreadable. The connection dots on the inputs/outputs are distracting and the unnecessary wire jogs and crossings add to the unreadability.

For clocks, I find schematics are "easier" to read when you have the data flow right to left:
1653445946197.png

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
The text is so small that I can't see what the chips are. Please post a larger image.

Also, why are five non-inverting buffers connected in parallel?

ak

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
He appears to be trying to bus the signals by routing wires on top of each other and not labeling them where they enter/leave the bus.

Being able to read the text still doesn't help:
1653487608534.png

ThiagoBlys

Joined May 24, 2022
The text is so small that I can't see what the chips are. Please post a larger image.

ak

ak
The ANDs are resetting the "Click Switch 1/4"; I turned the switch on NOT to HIGH on the Buffers and reset the "Click Switch 1/4" if I turn off the switch. As the file import is giving errors, I redid and made the space shorter, but I still couldn't fix the error. And yes, they are all separated for each "Click Switch 1/4", so the wires of each Buffer are on top of each other in favor of short space.

ThiagoBlys

Joined May 24, 2022
Welcome to AAC!

Your schematic is unreadable. The connection dots on the inputs/outputs are distracting and the unnecessary wire jogs and crossings add to the unreadability.

For clocks, I find schematics are "easier" to read when you have the data flow right to left:
View attachment 267945
Hi! Thanks for some suggestions! Yes, there are some unnecessary things. I was making a copy of a watch that my nephew owns, his watch has some functions and animations that I challenged myself to do the same (to see, something I had no idea how to start, how it would get out of my mind). As I'm a beginner and I'm just Hobbie, I decided to do it the way the app provides (delays) and as far as I can go with what I know, even if there is some unnecessary logic. :)