Class D amplifier books/projects

iliev986

Joined Oct 29, 2020
Hello colleagues,
First I hope to write in the right section of the forum.
Thus, I am particularly interested in the study of Class D amplifiers in particular. I would be happy if you could share all sorts of materials on this subject, be it books (design manuals) or other sources of such practical electrical circuits.

Thanks in advance!
Greetings!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
This one is interesting as it uses the phase-shift in the feedback loop to make the pWm frequency.
Looks like a really simple design with good performance.
Unfortunately, for whatever reason, they didn't give component or supply voltage values for their circuit measurements.

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Looks like a really simple design with good performance.
Unfortunately, for whatever reason, they didn't give component or supply voltage values for their circuit measurements.
Yes - that would have been nice - but if I were going to build it, I'd probably use a half-bridge driver IC, which have improved a lot in the 15 years since the paper was published, and I suspect that performance depends a lot on the MOSFET drivers.

iliev986

Joined Oct 29, 2020
Thank you very much for the submitted materials. My goal is to be able to assemble several electrical schematics, to understand their principle of operation, to weed out advantages and disadvantages over other classes and to work on possible improvements.

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
Thanks for posting UM10155 - that's the circuit diagram that belongs to the paper in Post #4.
WITH COMPONENT VALUES!
Exactly, Bruno Putzeys the inventor of a "UCD topology" was working in Philips (NXP).

What is the correct arrangement of the photos, because I was a little confused? The images are too big

Can you elaborate a bit more on what exactly is your problem with the photos?

iliev986

Joined Oct 29, 2020
Thanks for posting UM10155 - that's the circuit diagram that belongs to the paper in Post #4.
WITH COMPONENT VALUES!
Is there any information on how to calculate (choose) transistors in a class D amplifier circuit?
Thanks!

Ian0

Joined Aug 7, 2020
Is there any information on how to calculate (choose) transistors in a class D amplifier circuit?
Thanks!
If you look at the Infineon website, they have some that are designed specially for class-D audio.
Because the dead-time affects the performance, low dead time is important, and consequently, a device with low gate charge is required.