Circuit to drive sending coil for Wireless Power Transmission

simmania

Joined Nov 27, 2021
Hi all,
I would like to experiment with Wireless Power Transmission. For this I want to create a simple circuit to drive the sending coil. This should be a circuit that automatically drives the coil (with series or parrallel capacitor) at its resonance frequency.
What would be a simple (yet robust) way of doing this?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Welcome to AAC!

What are your goals for current, voltage, power, frequency, distance?
The devil is in the details.

simmania

Joined Nov 27, 2021
I need to transfer about 10 Watts. I would like to have a schematic example how to do this best. Like principle schematic. Then I can start calculating the components.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If you want 10 watts out, how many watts of input power do you expect to need?
It is not clear to me that you need a resonant circuit for this experiment. How about a signal generator and an audio amplifier with the transmitting coil as the load. Easy peasy, and no circuit to construct, except for winding the coil.

Last edited:

KeithWalker

Joined Jul 10, 2017
At what frequency and over what range do you wish to transmit 10 Watts of power?
Be aware that most countries have very strict laws about transmitting any signals greater than a few milliwatts.
There are many circuits on-line for the construction of radio transmitters. That is what your circuit would be.
A certain Mr. Tesla attempted to do something similar on a much larger scale almost 100 years ago. He did not meet with much success!