Circuit board

washo

Joined Jan 30, 2020
Hi i am totally without electronics knowledge.
i am looking on behalf of my friend for someone who can build a circuit board already designed. The objective is to boost 24volt battery power to drive an electric motor.
i live in Caboolture just outside Brisbane and preferrably i would like to associate with someone from this locality.
i will need to work within the restriction of a non disclosure document.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
If you have 24 volts DC then why not just get a 24 volt DC motor?

If your goal is to use a higher voltage motor - what you would get would be no more powerful than the original power supply. For instance, a 110 motor drawing 1 amp has a wattage rating (actually a VA rating) of 110 Watts. If you use a 24 V supply (a battery and inverter - assuming a PERFECT inverter) to get the same amps and watts your battery would have to be capable of 4.6 amps. In a perfect world. Given the nature of inverters, good ones are around 80% efficient. Cheap ones can be down around 60%. Or so I believe them to be. Nevertheless, changing the voltage does a lot more than just change the voltage. ALL the numbers change, Amps, Watts (VA in the case of AC motors).

And why the need for secrecy? I'm sure others have done something similar as well. Why not just use a 24 volt motor? Lot less headache.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
If it is designed, just send it to China pcb plants and get back a 1$ professionally made pcb where Your part is to solder it.

washo

Joined Jan 30, 2020
If you have 24 volts DC then why not just get a 24 volt DC motor?

If your goal is to use a higher voltage motor - what you would get would be no more powerful than the original power supply. For instance, a 110 motor drawing 1 amp has a wattage rating (actually a VA rating) of 110 Watts. If you use a 24 V supply (a battery and inverter - assuming a PERFECT inverter) to get the same amps and watts your battery would have to be capable of 4.6 amps. In a perfect world. Given the nature of inverters, good ones are around 80% efficient. Cheap ones can be down around 60%. Or so I believe them to be. Nevertheless, changing the voltage does a lot more than just change the voltage. ALL the numbers change, Amps, Watts (VA in the case of AC motors).

And why the need for secrecy? I'm sure others have done something similar as well. Why not just use a 24 volt motor? Lot less headache.
Thanks for the input.
What if the proposed circuit design i have was capable of producing - say 400 A from 24 volt ......

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
At what voltage? If you're boosting the voltage to 110 volts - and you build with circuitry that can handle that kind of current then you'd need a 24 volt battery capable of producing 4.6 times that amperage. Or in other words a battery capable of 1840 amps. Touch the wrong things and you can cook your hotdog goodbye. You can do pretty much anything you want to - as long as the math adds up. Only the numbers will tell you if it won't work.

If you're looking for a free energy device - forget it. You can never get more energy out of something than you put into it. 100 volts at 10 amps is the same as 10 volts at 100 amps. Both equal 1,000 watts. Watts is "Power" and "Energy" You can't make more energy than you put into it. So if you're planning on an over-unity device - please stop. You're wasting your time and ours.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Well, they're made up for the purpose of example to help the TS understand. Yes, they're pulled from dark spaces. Between my ears. Not much light in there for sure. The TS needs to stop hiding what it is he's doing if he wants serious help.

It's my bed time. G-nite y'all.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Well, they're made up for the purpose of example to help the TS understand. Yes, they're pulled from dark spaces. Between my ears. Not much light in there for sure. The TS needs to stop hiding what it is he's doing if he wants serious help.

It's my bed time. G-nite y'all.
Sorry, I was talking to the TS. Your replies are right on target.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
If this is some type of overunity circuit that supposedly increases the power (not just the current) from a battery, which this sounds like, then you are wasting your time as well as ours.
It's truly amazing how much time, effort, and money have been spent (and lost by suckers) over the years, (going back centuries) in the pursuit of some from of perpetual motion.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
It's truly amazing how much time, effort, and money have been spent (and lost by suckers) over the years, (going back centuries) in the pursuit of some from of perpetual motion.
Funny, perpetual motion is a self powered device that neither consumes energy nor produces extra energy. And that's where things get even weirder - the notion that you can hook a motor to a generator, use the generator to spin the motor to spin the generator - and at that, the BEST it could possibly do in a perfect world, which this is not, is to produce enough energy to sustain its own running. The really weird part is when people start demonstrating how you can not only self power the motor you can also syphon off power to run many other things. Perpetual motion is purely self powered. This DOES happen in space where there are no forces that change things. But even there - I'm wrong.

The gravity of the sun holds earth and the other planets in orbit. However, those orbits are known to decay and planets eventually fall into the star they orbit. Of course this takes millions of years and has never been observed by any human eye. But back to perpetual motion: The statement "You can't get MORE energy out of something than you put INTO it" is 100% true. However, what you get OUT of something is subject to parasitic drains. Friction. Heat. Diffusement. ANY form of energy used to create electricity comes at cost. SOMETHING consumes some of the power. Always. So you can't get MORE out than you put IN.

If one were to succeed in creating a perpetual motion machine - the best you'd have is a useless functioning device that does nothing all day but run itself. Before you start thinking about powering your house or your car - figure out how to just power a machine from its own power produced. When you have that figured out - you're going to be the richest man in the entire history of earth.

Janis59

Joined Aug 21, 2017
Wow wow, who here had been speaking about perpetual mobile? You should refer beforehand toward the American Patent Buereau, patent numbers 2004/016-4824; 2004/0102810; 2006/0073976; 2007/0285325; 2006/0071122 (perpetuum mobile, chi energy collector, zero-energy harvesting, Star-Wars light weapon, travelling via wormholes, travelling into time etc etc etc). So, would be wise to begin with own problem-doers. Did I spoke right?

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Wow wow, who here had been speaking about perpetual mobile? You should refer beforehand toward the American Patent Buereau, patent numbers 2004/016-4824; 2004/0102810; 2006/0073976; 2007/0285325; 2006/0071122 (perpetuum mobile, chi energy collector, zero-energy harvesting, Star-Wars light weapon, travelling via wormholes, travelling into time etc etc etc). So, would be wise to begin with own problem-doers. Did I spoke right?
Perpetual motion and patents?
https://casetext.com/case/newman-v-quigg-2
Conclusion
The decision of the district court that the claimed invention is unpatentable because it fails to comply with 35 U.S.C. § 101 for lack of utility, and with 35 U.S.C. § 112, first paragraph, for lack of enablement, is affirmed.
The American Patent Bureau doesn't really decide what's possible with fringe physics, they only care if it's a unique nutty idea that not so obviously violates thermodynamics. .

Rich2

Joined Mar 3, 2014
Best advice I can give is turn your efforts into cold nuclear fusion. Crack that problem and you will be very very rich... And it is possible to achieve ;)

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Best advice I can give is turn your efforts into cold nuclear fusion. Crack that problem and you will be very very rich... And it is possible to achieve ;)
Well OK, we know hot nuclear fusion works, The Sun, H-bombs, etc ... so where is the tiniest evidence that cold nuclear fusion is possible. The initial nuclei are all positively charged. What possible table-top process (that doesn't violate conservation of energy) can overcome that Coulomb barrier to provide a fusion energy gain factor =>1 ( Q => 5 is needed for a real reactor)? ITER is designed to reach Q = 10, producing 500 MW of fusion power from 50 MW of injected thermal power.

Continued cold fusion experiments are fine because we just might eventually find the right mixture of Unicorn tears and Pixie dust to make it happen. True believers never give up.

Douglas R.O. Morrison, who was a physicist at CERN for 38 years, is a longtime observer of cold fusion research; he has also attended the International Cold Fusion Conferences. Here is his assessment:

They do not appreciate, however, that the likely return is about 10^40 which means that even investing one penny to earn possible billions would be a bad bet.

Last edited:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
so where is the tiniest evidence that cold nuclear fusion is possible.
FIRST - - - I'm no expert on this matter, but I thought I heard that plants (or something in nature) naturally cold fuse. I'd hate to think the world of trouble we'd be in if plants only did hot fusion. Again, I'm not sure about any of this.

Back to the thread though - the subject of which the TS has asked is how to boost 24 volts to drive an electric motor. NONE of us know if he's trying to build an over unity device. I am suspicious - that's why I raised the question. But until we know - we honestly don't know. Even though it sounds like it's a good possibility - we don't know.

However, if it were at all possible to build such an over unity device - the whole world would be using such devices to power their own homes and automobiles. Anyone who makes the claim they're doing just that is outright lying. The fact that it hasn't been done yet suggests one of two possibilities - nobody has figured it out yet - OR - it can't be done. My money is on "it can't be done".

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
FIRST - - - I'm no expert on this matter, but I thought I heard that plants (or something in nature) naturally cold fuse. I'd hate to think the world of trouble we'd be in if plants only did hot fusion. Again, I'm not sure about any of this.

Back to the thread though - the subject of which the TS has asked is how to boost 24 volts to drive an electric motor. NONE of us know if he's trying to build an over unity device. I am suspicious - that's why I raised the question. But until we know - we honestly don't know. Even though it sounds like it's a good possibility - we don't know.

However, if it were at all possible to build such an over unity device - the whole world would be using such devices to power their own homes and automobiles. Anyone who makes the claim they're doing just that is outright lying. The fact that it hasn't been done yet suggests one of two possibilities - nobody has figured it out yet - OR - it can't be done. My money is on "it can't be done".
My money is on "if it's possible nature would be doing it now, we would be trying to understand it, not create it.

Plant photosynthesis is totally unrelated to cold fusion. The energy collection system (physical EM properties) is loosely related to some RF rectenna technology.
1580496832887.jpeg
1580497409431.jpeg
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-019-09509-y

Last edited:

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
Nah, that report was from Pons' lab at the University of Utah. So far as reported, no plants, legal or otherwise, were involved.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
We haven't heard from @washo since post #4. Maybe he's busy at the patten office, or maybe he's found a local to help with his project. Can't say we didn't try to help him. But without more information on what he's attempting to achieve, he leaves the door wide open for speculation. @crutschow, I agree, I'm also suspicious. Washo: Care to enlighten us? Shouldn't "Free Energy" be free to everyone? Just kidding about that last part. Hell, if I ever figured a way to do it I'd keep it a closely guarded secret too. So those YouTubers who are posting free energy devices - if they worked they'd be selling them, not telling us how to make them.