circuit board for hockey scoreboard

premant

Joined Jun 17, 2018
Welcome to AAC!

How old is it? Who made it? What makes you think you need a new circuit board?
it is a rhino hockey table 2005-2006 with circuit board kt-4796. I dont know how to test it . one black wire is detached from the board , I checked switch and acdc adaptor . the blower is working but the switch fo turn on the scoreboard does not work or the push buttons

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
Why did you expect it to work without reconnecting the wire?

Do you recall looking at the wire before it became disconnected? If you knew how much slack it did or didn't have, you could use that information to narrow the search for possible attachment points.

If you don't have any idea of what it looked like before it broke, look at all of the points where it might have connected to see if there's any indication of a prior wire attachment.

If the wire is solid, you may see a hole (or similar) in a joint. If it's stranded, some of the strands may have been left behind.

premant

Joined Jun 17, 2018
Why did you expect it to work without reconnecting the wire?

Do you recall looking at the wire before it became disconnected? If you knew how much slack it did or didn't have, you could use that information to narrow possible attachment points.

If you don't have any idea of what it looked like before it broke, look at all of the points where it might have connected to see if there's any indication of a prior wire attachment.

If the wire is solid, you may see a hole (or similar) in a joint. If it's stranded, some of the strands may have been left behind.

premant

Joined Jun 17, 2018
I think with your help I might get this fixed.. the wire is very short , I will look tomorrow again, also . I have power to the blower , I have two rocker switches.. blower and the other that turns on the scoreboard. blower switch is ok but other one does nothing. I check continuity of that switch and is ok Thanks for you help

premant

Joined Jun 17, 2018
I have two wires unattached one red and one black. can I attach them together I only found one possible solder joint

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
I have two wires unattached one red and one black. can I attach them together I only found one possible solder joint
Not likely and don't even think about it. Color coding is often used in assemblies to avoid making connection mistakes. Can't think of any valid reason for a manufacturer to connect a black and red wire. The logical thing to do would be to simply use the same color wire.

premant

Joined Jun 17, 2018
ok ill try one wire braided on the on solder joint and try to find another joint ..I have push button switchs too, that dont do anything now, and the lighted rocker not working ,but the rocker switch for blower is ..working how to test the others

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
ok ill try one wire braided on the on solder joint and try to find another joint ..I have push button switchs too, that dont do anything now, and the lighted rocker not working ,but the rocker switch for blower is ..working how to test the others
If you continue to test things without addressing the known issues, you could end up making things worse.

Don't connect things unless you're absolutely certain it's correct. Rushing to "fix" things when you're not certain of what you're doing could have disastrous consequences.

premant

Joined Jun 17, 2018
If you continue to test things without addressing the known issues, you could end up making things worse.

Don't connect things unless you're absolutely certain it's correct. Rushing to "fix" things when you're not certain of what you're doing could have disastrous consequences.
I am trying to be careful I ordered out a new rocker switch also. sooner or later I fix or give up