cheap proto boards

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Hi, I recently did some orders from a chinese pcb fab house, and while I was at it I had made 10pcs of 100x100 protoboards (double-sided square pads vith plated holes, 0.1" pitch). The pcbs were 2 usd at jlcpcb, the shipping was for the whole lot but I doubt it would be more than 7-10usd. Dollar twenty for one a nice protobard that I love for smd prototyping I think is a good deal. So here are the design files in Orcad 16.6 and the gerber files, hope someone will appreciate them :)

(will post a photo of the pcb on monday...)

Attachments

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Arne't proto boards already out there?
I haven't viewed them yet with a Gerber viewer, so are these aimed at any format in particular?
For experimental one-off I use Vero board.
But I do have the luxury of the Picmicro development boards from 8 pin to 40 pin.
Max.

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Yes there are, but I have yet to see double sided ones with plated through holes. My old employer used a larger format for their prototyping, and I just fell in love.
The best on them is you can do SMD (0603 to 1206, sot-23, SO-16 with every other leg bent up and connected by small wire...) on one side, and power wiring and blocking caps on the other side.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
The cheap protoboards I buy on eBay are double-sided and have plated thru-holes. I can send a link if it would help.