Charging Li-ion circuit

Cyirxrc6vec

Joined Aug 31, 2020
Hi, I made a circuit that charge Li-ion battery. When I simulated it, I found something strange; the time for charging was too short. I made it with 'LTspiceXVII' and here's my circuit's diagram and the graph, also I uploaded the 'Li-ion bat file'.
So, would you like to help me if you don't mind??

circuit.pngcircuit.pngcharging_graph.pngcircuit.pngcharging_graph.png

(If the libraries are not working, here's full library. Replace \Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib folder to this. And the Li-ion battery files are in "\ZZZ\miscellaneous\Li-Ion_Batt"
download the file here : http://bordodynov.ltwiki.org/lib.zip )

Attachments

Audioguru again

Joined Oct 21, 2019
www.batteryuniversity and semiconductor companies that make lithium battery charger ICs say that a lithium battery is far from a full charge when its voltage reaches 4.20V. The battery is supposed to remain connected to 4.20V until its charging current drops to a low amount and then it is fully charged and should be disconnected from the charger.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi C6,
I see R1 the maximum current limiter, but as post #2 explains, you need to add low current charge sensing in order to stop the charge, when fully charged.

E

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
How much charging current do you need? According to Fig 10 of the datasheet, trying to draw more than about 500mA from the LM317 with a 6V supply voltage will result in the IC having less than its rated dropout voltage between input and output.