Cannot connect to PIC18F45K22 development board via MikroBootloader from Mikroelectronica

metric_electric

Joined Aug 21, 2013
Hello,
I cannot connect to PIC18F45K22 development board via MikroBootloader from Mikroelectronica. I am using a Dell Windows 10 OS laptop.

The Development software is the Mikro C PRO for PIC v 7.2.0 (unregistered free version).

Attached are screbootloader.PNG COM3_Port_settings.PNG project_editior.PNG

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
Ive had to hold the reset click the connect box wait till it tried to connect and then let go.
But you also need to make sure your using the right com port it shouldn't be com 3

I'm not saying is can't be On a laptop that doen't have a real serial port it can be com 3
But if you have a real serial port it will not be com port 3
But you have to check it and use the right one if it's grayed out the driver is not loaded right or you didn't install one.
My laptop it show's up as comport 3 USB serial PORT (COM3) I have had it show up as 11 6 and 7

Last edited:

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
Thats using a usb to serial chip its not going to be com 3 you need to use the device manager to see what it shows up. It probably a unknown USB device or just windows loading wrong driver.
PC, make sure that you have the appropriate FTDI drivers installed on your operating system.

Last edited:

be80be

Joined Jul 5, 2008
Your computer has loaded it a bunch of times you will end up having to remove unused com ports one day ill post you a link to that you maybe need it one day.
Good that you got it working