Cannot connect to a pin in Eagle file.

Dipali777

Joined Oct 19, 2015
Hi,actually I have done all connections properly in new package still I'm getting the same problem. Pins are not getting connected. So is there any other solution?Please reply

------------------------------------------------------
Mod edit:
Please don't hijack other member's post.
This thread was split from below:

Title : Cannot connect to a pin in Eagle.
I have created a new library component in Eagle from scratch but cannot seem to connect to the pins.

The symbol, package and device were created on 0.1" grid.
Whether I use wire or net to connect to the pin makes no difference.
When I move the device around the wires are not connected to the pin.
What am I doing wrong?

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/cannot-connect-to-a-pin-in-eagle.72401/

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
HI.

I ran the ERC. Electrical Rule Check. I got 7 errors, 142 warnings and 12 approved. Try to fix all errors and warnings. I would also advice you to check your Approved list. Go over it a few times.

What are you designing?

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
I don't use Eagle (I have it just so I can remember how much I hate it) but shouldn't you post your library for that part to ensure its build correctly in the first place.
post your dipali32.lbr file not the brd file
Its clear that you cannot attach wires to the REN32SMD part.. Its not a valid symbol

Dipali777

Joined Oct 19, 2015
HI.

I ran the ERC. Electrical Rule Check. I got 7 errors, 142 warnings and 12 approved. Try to fix all errors and warnings. I would also advice you to check your Approved list. Go over it a few times.

What are you designing?

Those errors are not related to the newly created device. Those errors are in my previous circuit.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Those errors are not related to the newly created device. Those errors are in my previous circuit.
But still, they are errors.

I've looked at your lbr. You have not connected the pins to the pads.
When you click on device, fourth icon on the toolbar, you get the attached picture on your screen. In the lover right corner, you must click connect, and assign the correct pin to the correct pad. Then save, open you schematic, remove the old part, and add the same part, but now with connections.

dipnew32.png.png

Dipali777

Joined Oct 19, 2015
Hello guys,
My problem is solved. I used the grid of 0.1 inch in symbol creation and schematic and its working now. Previously my grid was not same that is why it was happening.