Can we send data from arduino to a web page via GPRS?

kamel2913

Joined Mar 6, 2015
Hi guys, I'm working on a project where I should sending some data to a web page, I do have an arduino and a SIM900 GPRS module, I'm woking to make a web page on PHP, my question is, after my sensors collect data can I send those data and show them in my web page via GPRS?
PS: the data change every 24hours, so I mean, can the arduino send it every 24 hours to the web site as a variable?
sorry for my English, thanks.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
To get access to the cellular network, you'll need to have a service for your GPRS module. Once your data is onto the internet via your service provider, I'm sure you can send it to your website but I have no clue how that's done.

kamel2913

Joined Mar 6, 2015
Thanks wayneh for your answer, I'm willing to host my web site with a Raspberry pi, the problem now is the way of sending the data from arduino to the website via GPRS.

tribbles

Joined Jun 19, 2015
Hi,

You probably don't have enough for a full TCP/IP stack, but some modules have AT commands which can be used to make an IP connection and send/receive data over it.

https://vsblogs.wordpress.com/2013/11/28/tcp-connection-over-gprs-using-sim900-and-at-commands/

Seems to cover what you need for your module - however, your Raspberry Pi will need to be on a public internet connection (either directly, or with some form of port forwarding router) in order for the GRPS module to be able to communicate with it.

As you're using PHP on a website, it would be easy to test that aspect manually.