Can someone help me identify this bulb?

Marcus2012

Joined Feb 22, 2015
I looked up "60V 2.4W bayonet bulb". I quickly scanned the thread once more. If you could point out the information in the thread that points to where I could source (or search for) this specific bulb I would be most obliged.

edit: the 2.4w bulb -- NOT the 4w which would be hotter & brighter.
I think the specific type you want is called a 10x28mm 60V2.4W with a Ba9s cap on it.

10x28mm 60V2.4W Ba9s

It's a UK seller though I couldn't find a US supplier with a google search but that might just be my location.

stormBytes

Joined Jan 26, 2010
Thanks Marcus.

I had the same problem -- couldn't find a single source states-side.

I emailed the UK seller for a quote on shipping 2 bulbs. I'm afraid this might cut short my ambition of restoring mother's fav night light! I really hate to surrender my soul to the divine powers of Amazon.com in search of "new light". Alas, whats a mere mortal to do?

Thats for your (and everyone else's) input!

Marcus2012

Joined Feb 22, 2015
Thanks Marcus.

I had the same problem -- couldn't find a single source states-side.

I emailed the UK seller for a quote on shipping 2 bulbs. I'm afraid this might cut short my ambition of restoring mother's fav night light! I really hate to surrender my soul to the divine powers of Amazon.com in search of "new light". Alas, whats a mere mortal to do?

Thats for your (and everyone else's) input!

No Problemo buddy we're here to help :)

Sucks there's none stateside though it's shame we can't get this running :(. I'm the same with all my stuff, I always prefer to fix something if possible (if only just to have a look inside :)) but in this case I think you're right and new light might be more economical.

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I looked up "60V 2.4W bayonet bulb". I quickly scanned the thread once more. If you could point out the information in the thread that points to where I could source (or search for) this specific bulb I would be most obliged.

edit: the 2.4w bulb -- NOT the 4w which would be hotter & brighter.
Its a long shot - but you could try looking at sources of bulbs for Wein-bridge type audio signal generators.

They use a bulb for its PTC characteristic for feedback stabilisation.

I think one of the HP audio generators used a 7W 120V bulb, but it was miniature screw cap and had a large pear shaped envelope. But that's probably nearer the general "ball-park" than any other application that springs to mind.