"can not find cable, check cable setup"

Razvan1203

Joined Dec 27, 2022
Hello! I'm new to FPGA. I'm using Nexys A7 100T board and I'm trying to execute my first code in Verilog through
Xilinx ISE 14.7. Everything went as it should (the code, the .ucf file, Synthesize-XST, Implement Design,
Generate Programming File all green, without warnings or errors) except one last thing .. it cannot connect
via micro usb cable. I get the error: "can not find cable, check cable setup". I mention that I tried with another cable
and the same happend. I also mention that the power button lights up,
so somehow the current is flowing from the laptop to the board.
What should I do ?
Please help me, it is extremely frustrating not to be able to
implement a very simple code..thank you!

drjohsmith

Joined Dec 13, 2021
Hello! I'm new to FPGA. I'm using Nexys A7 100T board and I'm trying to execute my first code in Verilog through
Xilinx ISE 14.7. Everything went as it should (the code, the .ucf file, Synthesize-XST, Implement Design,
Generate Programming File all green, without warnings or errors) except one last thing .. it cannot connect
via micro usb cable. I get the error: "can not find cable, check cable setup". I mention that I tried with another cable
What should I do ?
If your using ISE , what OS you using ?
ISE does not natively run on W10 or W11, particularly the programmer
you have to use the virtual machine, that runs linux on W10 or W11

What should I do ?
You need the original cable
to work correctly