Can anyone identify this connector?

Zurn

Joined Mar 4, 2019
Hi all,

I've got a Xantech AC1 outlet switch that needs an input plug for the on/off control. See image of the corresponding jack below. All the units I've found online have the screw terminal type plugs in them, but this one's a bit different. Hoping someone just recognizes the type... or can at least push me in the right direction. Muchos gracias!

IMG_6447.JPG

Mod: Cleaned up image.
Img_6447.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Can you tell that it's not a 5.08mm?
But seriously, the 2-way ones are interchangeable, but when you get to about 6 way it begins to be difficult to get the 5mm plug in the 5.08mm socket
Because I use a proper US metric kit, not one of the off-size EU 0.200" metric connectors. :eek: :D
PXL_20220705_181138078.jpg

Last edited:

metermannd

Joined Oct 25, 2020
I know that style of connector as a 'Phoenix' connector (Phoenix Contact is the brand).
Green is their default, but I have seen orange, gray, and black.

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
Hate to burst a bubble here, but there are two important points:

1. These connectors are either 5mm pitch or 0.2" pitch. It does make of difference.

2. These connectors are built by a number of companies, and they are not interchangeable.

So, first measure the pitch, then look at a supplier like Digikey and try to match the pictures to the exact shape of the socket.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Sure the 0.197″ 0.200″ versions are interchangeable in the two connection versions, if you use a metric hammer.

Jon Chandler

Joined Jun 12, 2008
It's not solely a matter of pitch. Different manufacturers have different shapes of plugs. Many look the same but won't plug into a competitor's socket. Here's a few random types. pluggable tb.jpg