Caffeine can boost your information-processing skills

Metalmann

Joined Dec 8, 2012
As I get older, I find that hot chocolate is working better for me. Used to drink coffee all day at work, can't handle that much caffeine anymore.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
I've been months caffeine-free now and not missing it at all. Life is good. :)

Gee I sound like one of those guys in an AA meeting! ;)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have to quit the caffeine by 3:30 pm or I won't sleep well...so I do.
In the morning, well, my sister summed it up correctly, "Don't speak to him until he speaks first." I'm a serious grouch in the morning! When the coffee kicks in, my muscle tone warms up, and I start functioning mentally, too.

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
I sometimes enjoy coffee as a relaxing, nighttime drink. I am not kept up by it and have been known to finish off my cup before wandering off to bed... I also have gone months without caffeine, so I don't know what's up with me....

I assume caffeine affects everyone differently, and has little effect on me.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I don't drink coffee on a regular basis. But it's funny how we can play little alchemists with everyday beverages.

Coffee can wake me up from after-lunch slumber but when my brain gets too hot and twisted after a hours of studying a beer helps me find my pace again.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Alcohol wrecks me! Half a beer and I shut the machinery off because I am not safe trying to operate under those conditions.

tubeguy

Joined Nov 3, 2012
I sometimes enjoy coffee as a relaxing, nighttime drink. I am not kept up by it and have been known to finish off my cup before wandering off to bed... I also have gone months without caffeine, so I don't know what's up with me....

I assume caffeine affects everyone differently, and has little effect on me.
I agree.
I MUST drink coffee in the morning to get going.

But now, as I'm getting older, I will frequently wake up at 2-3 am.
I'll get up, have a cup of coffee, watch TV or go on AAC for an hour or so.
Then able to go back to bed and sleep like a baby 'til morning....

My Girl always makes a container of Sun Tea which I have a tendency to drink a lot of. Tea supposedly has several times the amount of caffeine that coffee does and if I drink tea past 4 pm I am up all night.

Split Infinity

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
Alcohol wrecks me! Half a beer and I shut the machinery off because I am not safe trying to operate under those conditions.
I can drink massive amounts of alcohol without much effect. That shouldn't be a surprise, as I've practiced this for 40 years.