broken turntable motor bldc

ZACKptvTHUGGIN

Joined Oct 21, 2015
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Hey guys and gals :) recently bought a turntable off of craigslist for cheap beacause the motor in it was cogging and it gave off a burning smell (not my brightest idea). I've done some stuff with pc boards and stuff but nothing with a motor, long story short, i broke the motor completely and now it wont even spin. I did some research and it's a brushless dc motor but i don't know what i did wrong. And i can't find the model of the motor to get a replacement. Does anyone know how to fix this? The turntable is an audio technica LP120 usb if that helps. image.jpgimage.jpg

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
View attachment 93302 View attachment 93303 View attachment 93304 View attachment 93304 Hey guys and gals :) recently bought a turntable off of craigslist for cheap beacause the motor in it was cogging and it gave off a burning smell (not my brightest idea). I've done some stuff with pc boards and stuff but nothing with a motor, long story short, i broke the motor completely and now it wont even spin. I did some research and it's a brushless dc motor but i don't know what i did wrong. And i can't find the model of the motor to get a replacement. Does anyone know how to fix this? The turntable is an audio technica LP120 usb if that helps. View attachment 93302View attachment 93303
It might be worth a try to ohm out the coils to see if one is open or a driver shorted.

Last edited:

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
It might be worth a try to ohm out the coils to see if one is open or a driver shorted.
I also see what look like Hall effect sensors -- three of them, HE100, HE101 and HE102. There might be three more sensors on the other side of the PCB...

Look closely at the PCB for a manufacture's name and model number. I doubt that you will find a replacement from other than Audio Technica.