Broken TL armature

metiz

Joined Oct 27, 2014
I bought a 2nd hand TL armature, a Quicktronic professional QTP 1x58. It worked fine for a couple of days, and then it just stopped working. I tried a new lamp but that's not it.

When checking the tombstones on each end, the one with the purple-white wires gives a high AC voltage (>400v but my multimetre only goes to 250 so I only kept it on there for an instant) while the other end (white-brown) doesn't have any voltage at all.

Is there a common fault in these things that I could check? or does anyone know what else the bloplem could be? I alread removed the tombstones and directly checked the wires to make sure the tombstones weren't at fault.

metiz

Joined Oct 27, 2014
I opend the unit up and started testing diodes and resistors, basically the only thing I can do. I found one resistor with close to 14 Mohm resistance. I desolderd it from the board and tested it again and I couldn't get a reading at all. The resistor is rated at, I think, 180 ohms. Can anyone confirm? If it is indeed 180 ohms, this thing is fried and should be replaced yes?