Boycott Ebay GSP exobitant pricing

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I would encourage all ebay purchasers and potential bidders that are looking to import an item off of ebay to boycott the Pitney Bowes Global Shipping program (GSP),
This can be done by contacting the seller that you are interested but wish the item to be shipped USPS, the contact should be made before bidding.
The latest example for me was a $10.00 US item, the shipping and brokerage is listed at US$17.50, the item can fit inside a small padded or regular envelope, so shipping should be minimal, also on items less than CAN$20.00 there is no import fee or brokerage needed.
If enough people endorse this, Ebay will have to change their policy somewhat.
Max.

Last edited:

inwo

Joined Nov 7, 2013
Don't get me started on the global shipping program!

Didn't know I was signed up for it until the first sale had a problem

Won't go into the details, but the buyer and myself (seller) are in a month long dispute and no answers.

Item was returned to me by Pitney Bowes ( I guess) damaged.

Now what? Ebay won't help. Buyer and seller both get hung out.:(

edit:
Opted out of the program.

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
I would encourage all ebay purchasers and potential bidders that are looking to import an item off of ebay to boycott the Pitney Bowes Global Shipping program (GSP),
This can be done by contacting the seller that you are interested but wish the item to be shipped USPS, the contact should be made before bidding.
The latest example for me was a $10.00 US item, the shipping and brokerage is listed at US$17.50, the item can fit inside a small padded or regular envelope, so shipping should be minimal, also on items less than CAN$20.00 there is no import fee or brokerage needed.
If enough people endorse this, Ebay will have to change their policy somewhat.
Max.
The import charges are from a fairy tale book and it is not clear if they are handed over to any overseas instance.

Below 150 Euro, there are no customs duties to be paid in Ireland, only VAT, which indeed for smaller values isnt collected.

customs duties also dont include shipping costs while VAT does.

Yes the shipping charges are unbelieveable, 19 dollar for a game DVD?