bosch lsu 4.9 O2 sensor testing, datasheet vague

fu thr

Joined Aug 18, 2019
Hello, i have some bosch lsu 4.9 O2 sensor to make some testing, i found the datasheet online for try power them up, but it ends to be a lot vague, and not clear on the pin and how many voltage to connect on each Pin, i ask if somebody can help

Here the datasheet i found:
https://www.aviorace.it/DATASHEET/EN2017/LambdaSensor LSU 4.9.pdf

As understood on
PIN named Uh- / H- Goes -7,5volts (of the Power supply H+ nominal7.5 V listed below on datasheet) ??
PIN named Uh+ / H (here the positive of the 7,5V)??

Then all the PIN named:
IA / RT

UN / RE
VM / IPN
IP / APE

Is a little bit confusing

fu thr

Joined Aug 18, 2019
Hello, thanks, i was see that, the main issue is it doesn't tell each input and how many Voltage and ampere it needs. Is like obvious maybe to the one they work with it, but can't find any data, on the datasheet there are some voltage, but it doesn't refer directly to the names, the only ones that seems intuitive are H+ H- the other not much...

Electrical DataPower supply H+ nominal7.5 V
System supply voltage10.8 V to 16.5 V
Heater power steady state7.5 W
Heater control frequency≥ 100 Hz
Nominal resistance of Nernst cell300 Ω
Max current load for Nernst cell250 μA

So for example on cable 3 and 4 have to input H+ nominal 7.5V, a power supply that makes 7,5V and how many Amps?

VS (voltage supply?) cable 5 and 1 have to input the "System supply voltage10.8 V to 16.5 V" , ok but 10 or 16 volts? And Amps?

CalR and lp, 2 and 6, those two cables by assuming the other above are for input with 2 power supplies, those two could be the output of the Sensor?

Seems like a CIA top secret files to decipher : )

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
You can get a rough estimate say 7.5W at a centre nominal voltage of 15V , thats 7.5/15V, thats 0.5A steady state.

Why do you need to know the current if you are fitting the unit to a vehicle.?

E

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hi,
A 12Vdc power supply rated at least 1Amp should be OK for the 10.8v to 16.5v input for testing on the bench.
A 7.5V supply is also required, do you have a dual power supply for testing.?
E

EDIT:
Have you studied this graph from the datasheet.??

Attachments

Last edited: