Boost Switching Current Regulator Capicitor Out Help.

Gamer91

Joined Sep 23, 2016
All,

How's everyone doing? I hope everyone is doing well.

I need some help with the method/formula for selecting an out capacitor for my boost regulator. Any help is greatly appreciated.

In the manual for the LT3795 everything has a description with formulas for selecting all the components, except for the output capacitor.

I'm getting a nasty current ripple and need help to mitigate it!

Vin = 12vdc
Vout = 95vdc
Iout = 350ma
Fsw = 250kHz
Inductor = 53uH
Cout = 7uF

Here's a photo of the ugly ripple, ha ha. And the schematic. If you guys need anymore information let me know! Cheers!!!

Last edited:

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
All,

How's everyone doing? I hope everyone is doing well.

I need some help with the method/formula for selecting an out capacitor for my boost regulator. Any help is greatly appreciated.

In the manual for the LT3795 everything has a description with formulas for selecting all the components, except for the output capacitor.

I'm getting a nasty current ripple and need help to mitigate it!

Vin = 12vdc
Vout = 95vdc
Iout = 350ma
Fsw = 250kHz
Inductor = 53uH
Cout = 7uF

Here's a photo of the ugly ripple, ha ha. And the schematic. If you guys need anymore information let me know! Cheers!!!

Can you post the .asc file?

Gamer91

Joined Sep 23, 2016
Thanks for the replies.

Here's the file. And that's this issue, ha ha. I don't have enough experience to know what's acceptable.

But my circuit has much more current ripple than the one that comes with the sample circuit for the uC.

How can I attach it, tried zipping to 7z and .zip, doesn't show up as an option.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Thanks for the replies.

Here's the file. And that's this issue, ha ha. I don't have enough experience to know what's acceptable.

But my circuit has much more current ripple than the one that comes with the sample circuit for the uC.

How can I attach it, tried zipping to 7z and .zip, doesn't show up as an option.
I don't think you need to zip it. Just click on upload a file nest to post reply find the .asc file under ltspice and double click it.

Gamer91

Joined Sep 23, 2016
For some reason it wont let me upload anything, it says all files but it only shows my folders with nothing inside, strange.