Boost Conveter Design Help

vonmisarus

Joined Mar 13, 2017
Hello,
I am fairly new to the power electronics. I am in need of boost converter circuit which gets input from solar panel of Voc = 21.5V, Isc = 3.15, Vmpp = 17.5V, Impp = 2.86A, Pmpp = 50W. The MOSFET(Hexfet) i am having is IRFZ44N and Switching Diode is a Shottky Diode B1045. The switching frequency may be 5KHz (can be between 40Hz to 40KHz). The load i am currently having is a Wire-Wound Resistive load of 23 ohm,50W. I need to observe a voltage of 24V-28V with corresponding current according to power recieved in solar panel across the load resistor. The boost converter must be able to boost voltage to the said voltage even if input voltage drops from Voc=21.5V to 10V. I need a circuit with practical inductor, capacitor values.

Regards,
Vonmisarus

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
Hello,
I am fairly new to the power electronics. I am in need of boost converter circuit which gets input from solar panel of Voc = 21.5V, Isc = 3.15, Vmpp = 17.5V, Impp = 2.86A, Pmpp = 50W. The MOSFET(Hexfet) i am having is IRFZ44N and Switching Diode is a Shottky Diode B1045. The switching frequency may be 5KHz (can be between 40Hz to 40KHz). The load i am currently having is a Wire-Wound Resistive load of 23 ohm,50W. I need to observe a voltage of 24V-28V with corresponding current according to power recieved in solar panel across the load resistor. The boost converter must be able to boost voltage to the said voltage even if input voltage drops from Voc=21.5V to 10V. I need a circuit with practical inductor, capacitor values.

Regards,
Vonmisarus
Save yourself a headache and buy one like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150W-6A-DC-...308257?hash=item3d2015dae1:g:wogAAOSwHaBWieoR

Hello Dear,
You can go through any of the good power electronic book and there you can get the design equations for your circuit. Some good authors are Issa Batarseh
M H Rashid
Ned Mohan
You just go through design problems related to boost converter and your issue will be definitely resolved.
If not resolved u just tell me, i will send you the design equations.

vonmisarus

Joined Mar 13, 2017
Hello Dear,
You can go through any of the good power electronic book and there you can get the design equations for your circuit. Some good authors are Issa Batarseh
M H Rashid
Ned Mohan
You just go through design problems related to boost converter and your issue will be definitely resolved.
If not resolved u just tell me, i will send you the design equations.
Sorry for the late reply, Sir. Ive already gone through the Rashied book. The equations are for Constant input boost converter. I need equations for variable input boost converter. Even if same value applies for the all Boost converter, I am confused about how to calculate and what values to choose.
My friend calculated it as follows, 275uH and 470uf for a switching frequency of 5Khz. I had a toroidal inductor which i modified to obtained this value. I simulated the Circuit using NI multisim. Everything checks out. But in real time, when i increase the duty cycle, the voltage across load drops. At 0% duty cycle, V0=Vs. The PWM is generated using NI MyRIO, which uses +3.3V logic. I have to use single Channel MOSFET driver to driver to drive the Mosfet. Suggest a good Driver ic or any level shiting method to turn on the mosfet at required voltage(Vgs=10V).
Also, when voltage dropped, i checked voltage at Vds which exceeded 750V(multimeter reading exceeded overload). That too at 3% duty cycle. Thank god, current was very low at that time, nothing burned. I dont know, where we made fault. Help me.