Boost converter

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Well first off Android is an operating system so you can't put hardware inside of software. But I will assume you mean an Android tablet computer. And that is going to be up to the particular tablet. First you need to determine if there is space. Have you opened up the tablet to see if it will fit? If I would have to guess I would say there is zero chance that you will have enough space even if you can work at the SMD level.

You are certainly determined to ruin that tablet PC.

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/search/3217131/

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
Tell us what your trying to do with it...
The same thing he has been posting about for weeks now and keeps starting new posts about it..
Seems his smartphone doesn't support OTG and something about wanting 5V "out" of the USB charging port..
Just let it die.. There is no hope

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
We don't know, open it up and have a look inside,

[Moderator's note: disrespectful term removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
A little reminder:

Responding to threads:

When responding to threads, please follow three key rules:

1. Treat all members with respect.

Remember the members here have different levels of knowledge and understanding; please take this into consideration when assessing the validity of their questions.

2. Authors vary in their clarity.

If you are unsure of the original question, ask for clarification. When answering a question reply in a manner that you would like someone to respond to your query. Where appropriate, cite sources where the questioner can read more about the topic.

3. Think before you reply.

Your response is how people perceive you in this worldwide forum.
@Pavle: You need to explain much more. Have you tried Google?

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
It seems unlikely that you have a boost converter inside your Android phone. Maybe you could tell us what kind of Android phone you have.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I followed the link, but nothing happened.

What does the service manual say about the boost converter?

P.S. Thanks for the nasty little trackers on that site. You're a real pal.

Last edited:

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
OK. I have examined the service manual and I cannot find a boost converter. On P8-18 there is a partial schematic showing U501, allowing an enable signal (OTG_EN) to pass +5V (CHG_IN_5V) from the charger input to The USB bus (V_BUS_5V). Are you happy now?