BJT transistor homework

bobterisch

Joined Oct 22, 2009
hello,
I am trying to learn basic electronics to help a student in auto service class who has zero electronic knowledge. Could someone help me to solve the questions in the picture with short explainations, so i can learn how to explain to the student?
Greatly Appriciated,

Attachments

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Have you solved those problems yet though? You would be a better teacher if you actually learned it and then explained it to your student. So first things first; show us your work on how you tried to solve the problems and give us your explanation for each individual question. Then we can fine tweak it and make an applicable explanation out of it.

bobterisch

Joined Oct 22, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I cant solve the problems, I am a machinist with no electronics background. Once his class got past the basic ohms law stuff I could not help him anymore. The section will be over by the time i learn enough to help him. also he is learnig disabled.

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I cant solve the problems, I am a machinist with no electronics background. Once his class got past the basic ohms law stuff I could not help him anymore. The section will be over by the time i learn enough to help him. also he is learnig disabled.
Hey,

That's wonderful that your helping him! First we'll get you the answers to your questions, then you can teach him. This is kind of difficult for an electronic beginner, so I would recommend that you start with something simpler. I went ahead and made a schematic diagram of your circuit, just so it's easier to read. I couldn't find an LED in my software so I just used an LED.

Attachments