Bad inductor in my Samsung receiver?

prvns

Joined Nov 5, 2016
I have a Samsung HT-D6730W received and it's a 7.1 channel system. All speakers connected to this receiver works fine except the center speaker. I tested the center speaker by plugging it into other front speaker pin and it works fine. So it's not a speaker issue. I also checked the center speaker pin etc. Everything looks good. Now I tried to disassemble the receiver and I see something weird. One of the inductor (L3001) (I guess it's an inductor. Some one pls confirm) which has "Center" markings on the PCB is sitting on the PCB in a slanting manner, whereas other inductors are perfectly okay. I have attached the pictures. Can someone pls help me here? Thanks!20161105_211358.jpg 20161105_211358.jpg 20161105_211423.jpg 20161105_211738.jpg

Attachments

SLK001

Joined Nov 29, 2011
Is there continuity between the two pins? Are the solder pads damaged on the backside? The inductor is just tilted due to poor manufacturing techniques. If Q1 is "yes" and Q2 is "no", then your problem lies elsewhere. This type of inductor is very resistant to failure. It looks like the speaker is amplified, so I suspect a power issue or a bad amp IC.

prvns

Joined Nov 5, 2016
additionally.. you may be right. Because I see the red LED light which is turned on for all the six speakers in the PCB as in seen in the pictures. So I believe without the continuity it is not possible for that LED of the Center speaker series in the PCB to be turned on?